Oh no! More POE S2 videos! (R3/R4/R5/R6)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
siny
Org Profile

Oh no! More POE S2 videos! (R3/R4/R5/R6)

Post by siny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:26 am

Omg no, POE videos invading this thread again... :awesome:
Well, lots of things happened since POE ended and only yesterday I got the time to make a few changes, make banners, etc.
I'm gonna put them in spoilers and leave my favorite out, because I don't want anyone to enter this post and scroll and scroll and scroll if they don't want to :P

MY FAVORITE (yay lol)
Round 5 / Theme: To recreate a video from 2011 nominated for a VCA or JCA - #1 Place

Inspired by the beautiful video from LopezAMV

--

Round 3 / Theme: The 80's - #2 Place (imo undeserved)
Spoiler :
Round 4 / Theme: Villains - #3 Place
Spoiler :
Round 6 / Theme: To recreate our first video uploaded here on the org - #3 Place
Spoiler :
ImageImage
ImageImage

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: Oh no! More POE S2 videos! (R3/R4/R5/R6)

Post by Shin-AMV » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 am

Yay for Siny videos! They make the world a happier place.

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Aw thank you Shin! :oops:

I think Sommer fits that role more properly! :P <3
ImageImage
ImageImage

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:25 pm

First off, your banners are very nice :awesome:. As for the videos themselves, I like all of them but I'm particularly fond of the Gankutsuou video. You captured the essence of the Count's character; dark, calculating, bitter & more than a little evil... but at the same time, strangely sympathetic. :up:

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 pm

good siny are all good work :D

Creating Something Beautiful

As I told you on youtube I really liked it I think is the best of that round , the thing that struck me most and how you combined all anime in a great
in a great atmosphere
I think this is your best work :up:

Star Crossed

I also liked this
You have really good scenes together dramatic and sentimental

Mon Ami Edmond
that I personally have appreciated less compared to others but still it is a good job too :up:
You have made very good the bad and the whole is united by a nice dark atmosphere

Before Memories

Really nice work the song in my opinion is very suitable for anohana :up:

Really nice work :awesome:
the song in my opinion is very suitable for anohana
editing is simple but good :up:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Your Something Beautiful video is seriously my favorite of the year.

SO MANY FEELS!

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Personally I think you had the best videos out of every editor. Every video stands perfectly by itself. All of them are so solid, and I just adore your Anohana video and Miyazaki tribute. I don't even feel the need to go into all the little things I liked, because the videos truly speak for themselves, and I'd just be watering down the greatness of it all. Seriously, awesome, awesome work. I loved your videos before, but after POE, you're easily one of my favorite editors.
Keep it up :)
Image Image

[key]Scarlet
the world that never was
Org Profile

Post by [key]Scarlet » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 am

First of all, congratulations for your second place at POE: you've managed to create something really interesting each round and actually I think that you were the best in the contest.
I generally liked all the videos you have made, but I'm going to write a comment just for "Creating Something Beautiful" because it's my favourite.

Well, it was overall a pretty well edited video, and I particullary liked the atmosphere, really cheerful and sometimes a bit dramatic (well, that's what I felt ^^). Moreover, you've managed to join together all those animes in a great way, and the flow of the video was very smooth. The thing I liked the most was the alternation between the animes and the scenes with Miyazaki and the studio Ghibli (I particularly appreciated the scene with the red airplane in the anime followed by the same airplane in the studio).
If I have to find some defects in the video, I might say that the aspect ratio was sometimes wrong in some scenes; also, I've already said that overall the flow was smooth, but some passages between the animes weren't so fluid and they seemed a bit forced/random. Last thing, I didn't like the white writtens, but I know that you've done them because of the contest's theme so I don't mind about them.
:shark:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 am

WOOT! |:>

Your Round 1 and Round 5 videos were my favorites of all time. And those banners are pretty cool too! You're awesome, Siny! :bzz: :bzz2:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 pm

This is going to sound a bit over the top, but i'm serious.

You made, without a doubt, some of the most moving videos I've ever had the privilege to watch in this contest. I was truly amazed by them, and hope you'll continue to share
your talents with the world. Amazing job. And, please get these out there to cons - people need to experience these.

(also, also... I'm going to send you a PM with your judges awards as soon as i can find them - so sorry for the hold up on them :( )

EDIT - spelling
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”