The non anime rule.

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

The non anime rule.

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:10 pm

This post is for poeple that want to make other kind amv's.
i for one want to post something other then specific Japanese stuff. i looked up the word anime. its short for animation.i said this before anime is anime no matter where it comes from. Actually, this is the only site for amvs. the only reason american animes are not allowed is because. the person who made this site doesn't like american shows. He cant say he likes 'em, because if he does he'd allow all types of amvs, american shows or not. Plus, I read awhile back in an old post that he stepped down. so why is the no anime rule still on.

If this site were to allow all animation, put some guidelines on what would be allowed, we'd see some interesting videos.for example im making a amv a tribute to an old show the real ghostbusters, im sure im not the only one here that loves this classic show. i uploaded the info but, because its considered non anime, it was taken down a few hours later. now if there were guidelines on what other animation is allowed like most action shows and exclude shows that ill say most people would consider it corny im not going to say any names of shows because people have different ideas of whats is or is not so called corny.i sure wont make an amv of ,dora the explorer, but as i look through netflix, i wouldn't mind making amv's of lets say ,wolverine and the xmen,ironman armored adventures.show was ok i could make a good amv out of it. i could make an awesome amv of the joker from the batman 2003.but again other animation isn't allowed.

i started making amv's a few years ago on youtube of ,beavis & butthead, with nirvana's smells like teen spirit. it came out very well had some followers before youtube changed. There's a big rumor that only a handful of people still upload here because of the rules on what you can and can not do.its annoying. I'm not the only one that feels this way, even though they'd deny it now. some one else, i wont say any names said to me....I don't understand why they have the option in the anime section if it isn't even allowed.. now i couldn't say it any better then that if i tried. if theres an option to choose other animation in the anime section then it should be allowed. half that section is crossed off.its harder to pick regular anime because almost everything is crossed off am i right.there would be more people joining & posting amv's if the no non anime rule was lifted then there would be people leaving.

the meaning of anime is short for animation even wikipedia says the same thing.
wikipedia: anime, The word is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" In Japan, the term anime does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it serves as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world...

if the word anime in japan is to refer to all forms of animation including america. then why does this site not allow other forms of animation.

im only posting this because i'd like to make amv's of though's crossed off listtings im not saying everything on that list should be allowed but some should
there could be a hole section devoted to the non japan animation amv's like avatar the last airbender & the recent one im working on real ghostbusters ect ect.

p.s. i apologize if this is hard to read. as im not good with commas and periods. im typing it all like this so this post would be taken seriously.
if you agree with what im saying then say so. so the admin & mods would re think this one rule over. if you dont agree dont say anything i already know what you'd say anyways.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Re: The non anime rule.

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:23 pm

This has been discussed a million times before.

It's simple: You are only allowed to enter videos into the database that are created from japanese animation. The reason is rather simple: It's because the admins intended it that way and still do so.

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Kevmaster wrote:This has been discussed a million times before.

It's simple: You are only allowed to enter videos into the database that are created from japanese animation. The reason is rather simple: It's because the admins intended it that way and still do so.
im not the only one that thinks that rule should change because the word anime is short for animation and that in japan is to refer to all sorts of animation from around the world. plus this is the ony site devoted to amv's

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 pm

This is NOT the only site devoted to AMVs.

Anyway, you've asked this several times before. The answer is not different now. There are other places where you can upload your videos.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Ileia wrote:This is NOT the only site devoted to AMVs.

Anyway, you've asked this several times before. The answer is not different now. There are other places where you can upload your videos.
im not trying to basically piss people off. im only saying whats on my mind. i been looking for other sites devoted to amv's theres only a few and you have to have a url from another site to post them so this is the only site that allows you to post directly from an ftp thing.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm

It won't change (And I'm glad about that). Get over it.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Anime is defined how the administration wants to define it. Doesn't matter what Japan or anyone else says. If I make a website about cars and my definition is that "cars" must have 3 wheels, then that's what a "car" is. I don't care if you don't drive a reliant robin and want to upload pictures of your pinto.

Just because "a lot of people" want something, doesn't mean it will happen. If the "want" is against the website goals, its not going to happen, sorry. I understand your frustration about not having a place to upload other content anywhere else but you're just going to have to deal with it and let it go. A lot of us old editors here had to, and still do, pay for our own hosting back when the org didn't offer it. If we couldn't afford it we found other ways. Find someone who has web hosting and is willing to upload your videos.

rosieroohoo
Org Profile

Post by rosieroohoo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I hate to get completely off topic here, but I would like to know some of the sites that accept non-anime. Might as well ask here instead of making an entirely new topic. I seem to be asking so many questions on here!

Now, I know I've complained to myself a few times about the non-anime thing on here. But like Pwolf said, we have to do what the admins want us to do. It would be nice if I could upload all of my creations here, but I don't think my non-anime videos would get many views or comments. But I will say one thing about what sirmichaelvalentine said on the activity. The forums seem active, but I've noticed the main site hardly has much activity. It doesn't really bother me as much as it saddens me. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid over the whole thing because I hardly see any new journals or banners. I hope that things pick up because a-m-v.org is one of my favorite AMV sites in the world! And at the moment, probably the only one I know of!

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:44 am

I'll try and make some new banners ;x

But YouTube and Vimeo come to mind considering your question, especially the latter.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”