The Quickening - Videos

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Videos

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

downloads O':

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I liked all of the videos but my top pick would be Lopez's vid. But I can't choose the 2nd best one :uhoh:
It's just it was the only one that was, let's say, clear and dynamic at the same time. + it had the most of some concept from the set. And dramaaa!
I liked Ileia's video but it was too chaotic for me. Same with riccardocasu's vid. I liked them both (so pretty sources <3) but it felt a bit too much.
What I loved in Mally's video is the source choice and really good scene selection. But I felt some of the editing could have been improved. Especially at the beginning.

Great job all of you!

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Centurione wrote:I liked all of the videos but my top pick would be Lopez's vid. But I can't choose the 2nd best one :uhoh:
It's just it was the only one that was, let's say, clear and dynamic at the same time. + it had the most of some concept from the set. And dramaaa!
I liked Ileia's video but it was too chaotic for me. Same with riccardocasu's vid. I liked them both (so pretty sources <3) but it felt a bit too much.
What I loved in Mally's video is the source choice and really good scene selection. But I felt some of the editing could have been improved. Especially at the beginning.

Great job all of you!
Like and love are two different extremes.
Lets hope this love converts to luck and gets me through this round.

Also, the lack of skill at some moments of my video was mainly due to the time restrictions. I was able to get my video out in 3 days. I'm not sure how I edited so fast (hours on end editing), but it's all done now. At first I couldn't look at my video due to disappointment, but after some time I got over that and appreciated what I have done and how far I have reached in the tourny.

Good luck to all this round!
GO LOPEZ. OMG YES HE DIDN'T EDIT SOMETHING WHICH WAS MULTI-ANIME. *dies*

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm

:uhoh: Didn't pay much attention to it, sorry. Anyway, yours, Ileia's and riccardo's vids are pretty much equally good to me, that's what I mean^^

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Fair enough. : )

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

Out of all the videos, Ileia's was definitely the strongest. Yeah, it may be chaotic, but that's exactly what the song entails. Lopez's video has an awesome concept, but his and the other videos didn't hit the beats as hard as I expected them to. I'm really big on sync, and Ileia knows exactly what beat needs a punch and what doesn't. A lot of people don't understand that (especially with the chorus of this song) large amounts of movement in your clips in really fast parts of a song are almost necessary. There were a lot of static scenes in the choruses of other videos that made me go "meh" because I want to be pumped up on the choruses, not waiting for something to happen. And let's face it, not many people can beat Ileia in a straight up action round in my opinion. She knows exactly what she's doing in terms of techniques, and she does it damn well.

So my meaningless vote for this round goes to Ileia! |:>

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Out of all the videos, Ileia's was definitely the strongest. Yeah, it may be chaotic, but that's exactly what the song entails. Lopez's video has an awesome concept, but his and the other videos didn't hit the beats as hard as I expected them to. I'm really big on sync, and Ileia knows exactly what beat needs a punch and what doesn't. A lot of people don't understand that (especially with the chorus of this song) large amounts of movement in your clips in really fast parts of a song are almost necessary. There were a lot of static scenes in the choruses of other videos that made me go "meh" because I want to be pumped up on the choruses, not waiting for something to happen. And let's face it, not many people can beat Ileia in a straight up action round in my opinion. She knows exactly what she's doing in terms of techniques, and she does it damn well.

So my meaningless vote for this round goes to Ileia! |:>
x2

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Championship videos are up! COME AND GET EM

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm

*Grabs the screen*

Mally
Org Profile

Post by Mally » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Watched both of the videos.. I'm speechless..
Can't believe I made it this far!

Good luck to me and Ileia, and I eagerly await the results!

Another 3 day AMV

Return to “The Quickening 2012”