A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments (COMPLETED)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Re: A Magical Girl MEP: Glowing Enchantments

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:35 pm

As long as the logo is gone for the final version then it is fine in the beta. ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:23 pm

I think I am having one of those times when I just have too much inspiration
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:02 pm

@ Silver: I've had those days too...

@Moezy: I have don't really see anything else I find wrong with it at this moment. I think your fine to summit your final. Just summit it in the required settings.
ImageImage
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Kaze:
I really like it. My only minor complaint is that the first scene feels a bit long so maybe you could make the fade earlier or use a light glow to sync to "begins" before "with" starts on the next scene.

Moezy:
The scene at 0:12 feels a bit long, is there another scene of the same segment but at a different angle? If not you could maybe overlay a scene of Duck or Fakir or something on the edge of the screen and add a light zoom out to the glowing duck. Also the second glowing duck scene seems kinda redundant because your first one pretty much nailed the mood for it, so I would also suggest replacing with one of Duck actually transforming or beginning to transform, like a facial shot with her glowing maybe? (I don't know where because I haven't seen the show. >__> Yet. XD) Also a light zoom out on the scene at 0:17.

I really love the duck --> girl --> princess scene change part afterwards though, that fits perfectly with what I visualize with this song though maybe a scene of the duck looking down might fit slightly more since the facial angles should be moving from down to up and not from up to down and back up.

Um...as for my part. I think I'm still missing a few scenes from a few episodes but I already know what I'm doing with it. I just need to finish up a few MEPs I owe people before I can start. :uhoh: But it shouldn't take long.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Um...as for my part. I think I'm still missing a few scenes from a few episodes but I already know what I'm doing with it. I just need to finish up a few MEPs I owe people before I can start. :uhoh: But it shouldn't take long.
:? hm that makes sense. I was just worried about you since I haven't heard from you in weeks. :sweat:

But don't forget your finals are due by the end of the month. I wanna try to have it done by the summer. :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:46 pm

AimoAio wrote:Moezy:
The scene at 0:12 feels a bit long, is there another scene of the same segment but at a different angle? If not you could maybe overlay a scene of Duck or Fakir or something on the edge of the screen and add a light zoom out to the glowing duck. Also the second glowing duck scene seems kinda redundant because your first one pretty much nailed the mood for it, so I would also suggest replacing with one of Duck actually transforming or beginning to transform, like a facial shot with her glowing maybe? (I don't know where because I haven't seen the show. >__> Yet. XD) Also a light zoom out on the scene at 0:17.
Really love your criticism. Looking at the beta again I have to agree and yeah there are a few scenes of Ahiru where she transforms and it focuses on her face. And there's also another angle of that scene. I could easily fix that~ And you haven't?! You must! Princess Tutu is one of the best mahou shoujo anime out there!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Moezy:
You have a weird tiny zoom at 0:16, might be a light glitch or something so just double check that. And also make that crossfade longer so it's smoother. Otherwise I think it is good for final. :up:

And I will hopefully be starting my track tomorrow. :3

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Yay! Good to hear Aimo, I was getting worried about getting the last two/three tracks (Kaze still needs to finnish.)

Hopefully we can try to get this all done by the end of August. ^.^
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 pm

I will...I will....XD

Also, Aimo...loved your beta...except the beginning is so bright, I can barely see the character....maybe tone the brightness down?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Moezy:
Good for final! :up: What I meant about the zoom was make it a really long zoom stretching from 0:16-0:18 like a gradual one if that makes sense. :sweat: But to be honest, now that your crossfade is longer I don't think you have to add the zoom anymore so I'd go for sending the final. :3 Btw, just make sure you crop the edges a little before sending since there's some funny looking borders on the left and right.
Kazemon15 wrote:I will...I will....XD

Also, Aimo...loved your beta...except the beginning is so bright, I can barely see the character....maybe tone the brightness down?
Damn that stupid keyframe! What are you doing in the wrong place?! D: Sorry I will fix that quickly just now. XD That scene originally was pretty bright to start with, though I'll try and manually tone it down a bit more so it looks less blinding.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”