Sony Vegas totally giving me the finger

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Sony Vegas totally giving me the finger

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 am

I have recently created another topic where Vegas played with my nerves, but today I've come to my limits.

So, to start with, I've been working on a Vegas project for about 8 months. Multiple clips in there, masks, fx on so on. On the last month, this program totally started to give me every bug it had.

1st) Doesn't let me render the whole video. Around 80% it starts screwing up fx and masks and finally crashes (I fixed that by rendering the video in 5 seperate parts... yeah)
2nd) This started yesterday. I choose a specific part of the video to render, and Vegas begins to render from the start of the project. I cancel it, choose again the frames I want to render, and once again, it starts rendering the beginning of the project. Closed the program, started once again, nothing. Closed the pc, opened the program, once again - nothing. Seriously, what the ef is this supposed to be??

Obviously, I can't let it render the whole thing due to problem no.1, and I won't just waste my time just for a 5 second part I want to watch. Anyway, apart from all of that, I think I'm having performance issues, I'm on a pc with:

Intel Core i5 2500K on 3.3 GHz
OCZ Agility 3 SSD
4GB of RAM on 64 bit Windows

and I'm hardly getting around 10 frames per second on playback. I'm working on Vegas 8.0b Pro.

Help will be totally aprreciated. The project is finished and I just want to render it!!! :down:

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Sony Vegas totally giving me the finger

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:34 am

Edit: I started a new project where I copy-pasted the first one and tried the same thing... Still nothing.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 am

Triple post: Every other Vegas project I have on my computer has now the same problem : Rendering always starts from beginning to the end.

When things couldn't get any worse...

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:07 am

I seem to remember there being an option to "Only render selected region" or similar. Maybe that got unchecked.

I had nothing but problems with SVP 8 with Win7 64 bit. They don't play well together. Try moving to ver 11.

You said slow playback - is this playing in Vegas? Do the clips play OK in Media Player Classic or whatever you have?
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 am

HalOfBorg wrote:You said slow playback - is this playing in Vegas? Do the clips play OK in Media Player Classic or whatever you have?
Yes, after rendering my clips everything's fine. Maybe I'll have to add some more RAM to get better results on Vegas.

I'll search for that option and then totally get the new version. Thanks for your reply HalOfBorg, not many people check those threads nowadays...

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:31 am

Oh...

HalOfBorg, you have all of my appreciation.

THANK YOU

Problem solved. :beer:

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 am

Happy to be of service. :up:
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”