The Lip Flapper: Volume 28 - GloryQuestor (Site Redesign)

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper: Volume 28 - GloryQuestor (Site Redesig

Post by inthesto » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Otohiko wrote:. While about 70% of what's talked about is absolutely okay and would be beneficial to be observed publicly, there's still some stuff discussed in admin meetings (legal and site ownership issues, security issues, directives from the freemasons and illumanati) that needs to remain private.
The fuck?

Last I checked, the Org was not a sovereign nation that had matters of national security. Do we have some kind of intelligence agency that spies on AMVNews.RU or something? Is Otohiko going to show up dead in a gutter if identities are revealed?
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:20 pm

By security issues I actually meant things involving access to admin tools, site code, and other under-the-hood stuff.
If you don't want your site hacked, it's probably a good idea to not discuss these things in public.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Otohiko wrote:By security issues I actually meant things involving access to admin tools, site code, and other under-the-hood stuff.
If you don't want your site hacked, it's probably a good idea to not discuss these things in public.

When was the last time admin tools/site code was discussed in such detail as hackers could use this information?
Are you explicitly typing out steps for breaking into the web site?

Could you not just say "hey guys we have found a few code issues that have to be addressed, I'll PM you the details later."?
At least that way we could still see what exactly was going on.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:30 am

Otohiko wrote:By security issues I actually meant things involving access to admin tools, site code, and other under-the-hood stuff.
Well... If things are as hard-coded and impossibly difficult to change and tinker with for people that have access to it on a regular basis I dunno how much you need to worry about hackers making things more inconvienent. :ying:

On a serious note though, it'd be nice to have the town hall style discussion where topics that can be made public are public.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Otohiko wrote:Well technically, there is a public place to talk about the redesign 24/7. It's called #grommet on IRC, you guys should hang out there more.

I think a "town hall" meeting is an excellent idea. The general meetings is something that's hard to have in public though. While about 70% of what's talked about is absolutely okay and would be beneficial to be observed publicly, there's still some stuff discussed in admin meetings (legal and site ownership issues, security issues, directives from the freemasons and illumanati) that needs to remain private. Given how difficult it can be to get all of the mods/admins together, it's just better to hold this stuff privately when the opportunity presents itself.

BUT I'm all in favour of scheduling a public meeting if others like the idea.
Just have the first half of the meeting private (in #seekretadminchannel) and handle the private side of things, then hop into a public but moderated channel for the rest of it. If you wanted to allow some public Q&A, designate someone to PM questions to and have that person bounce (some of) the questions off the rest of the staff.
Image Image

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:01 pm

It's interesting to see what you have to say on the redesign. I suppose I was one of those left in the dark because I thought nothing was happening.

Then to go to the thread and check it out and see a lot of "why are you doing this?" only to be responded with "if you don't like it code it yourself" -_- Also I guess I'd been out of the loop for so long I didn't even know who this "i fight for the users" was.. good to have that cleared up as well.

Still, I'd like to give some input but I feel like it's just going to be shot down in the end.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 pm

I think it would be useful to be able to sit in on meetings. The ones not dealing with "security issues" of course

I Fight For The Users
Org Profile

Post by I Fight For The Users » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Then to go to the thread and check it out and see a lot of "why are you doing this?" only to be responded with "if you don't like it code it yourself" -_- Also I guess I'd been out of the loop for so long I didn't even know who this "i fight for the users" was.. good to have that cleared up as well.
There's a lot more in that thread than me telling Sanya-nya and Bashar

There are some things that I am indeed unwilling to compromise on. In those cases it is indeed a case of

Many other things, though, are open for discussion, and evoke more of a

See the issues list for details.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm not one to take sides, but I must admit, IFFTU has made a very open dialog with me regarding the opinion system in the Issues part of the website. It's not EXACTLY what I wanted, but the compromise (assuming it goes into production) is more than i could have hoped for, and I think I like the alternative better than what I originally suggested.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 pm

It sure as hell feels as though you are gonna ignore everyone on that thread anyway... whatever.
Last edited by JaddziaDax on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General AMV”