Premiere Freezing - only thing changed are scripts

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Premiere Freezing - only thing changed are scripts

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Ok, so CS5 was working JUST five last night. I was editing just fine, everything was smooth and fast. Today I went into my scripts to fix the interlacing in the footage (my error, forgot to do this befor eI started editing so I just went in to edit the scripts).

I fixed each script, I BELIEVE they all work fine, I would oipen the project file in premiere to make sure each one was ok after the initial edit an then and corrected the ones that didn't load properly.

But NOW, when I open premiere and try to edit the prohject file Premiere freezes repeatedly, sometimes it can't even load up my entire project before freezing. As stated, the only thing that has changed are the scripts.

Scripts ALL look like this atm
loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
loadplugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\Avisynth 2.5\plugins\TIVTC.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\Source Footage\DMC\01\MainMovie\DEVIL_MAY_CRY_VOL_1\VIDEO_TS\DMC01.d2v")
TFM(d2v="C:\Source Footage\DMC\01\MainMovie\DEVIL_MAY_CRY_VOL_1\VIDEO_TS\DMC01.d2v")
tdecimate(mode=1)
Prior to this they were just the DGDecode plugin and the mpeg2source line.

Any thoughts?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Re: Premiere Freezing - only thing changed are scripts

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Update -tried to create a new project - worked fine once with ONE script. Then did it again to try and restart my entire video and tried to load any of the scripts and CS5 is telling me it can't do it, "the importer reported a generic error." Not sure but I think this tied to the original proble, anybody have any ideas?
BANG

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:09 pm

And now it's saying "media offline" when I open the project. The audio is fine. The clips are still all listed just fine on the left but tne timeline won't show any of them and I can't open any of them.
BANG

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Try opening a new project and importing the old project file.

other than that i can't really help. i work off of avi's because scripts have a greater margin of error while editing with them :\

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:22 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:And now it's saying "media offline" when I open the project. The audio is fine. The clips are still all listed just fine on the left but tne timeline won't show any of them and I can't open any of them.
Just to clarify, the clips are loaded on the left side but if you try and load it in either the preview window or timeline you get an error?

I had a similar problem once. WHen I opened the project all the clips said video offline. I fixed it by running premiere in administrator mode. (It was weird since my user account already had administrative properties) IT could also be that premiere won't load the plugins unless it's in administrative mode. Try and see if that works.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah, the clips are on the left but won't load in any window suddenly. Running in administrator didn't fix the problem.

It's weird, SOMETIMES it will load the sequence and I can preview my footage for probably a minute before it won't show any footage (audio source files are fine). And like I said the only thing I've changed are the scripts. The only odity I am noticing tha tMAY be the problem is that when it's loading all the footage it loads one that is about halfwya down the list and says complete, if it is loading them in alphabetical order then it should still have about another 10 or so avs files to load.
BANG

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:08 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Yeah, the clips are on the left but won't load in any window suddenly. Running in administrator didn't fix the problem.

It's weird, SOMETIMES it will load the sequence and I can preview my footage for probably a minute before it won't show any footage (audio source files are fine). And like I said the only thing I've changed are the scripts. The only odity I am noticing tha tMAY be the problem is that when it's loading all the footage it loads one that is about halfwya down the list and says complete, if it is loading them in alphabetical order then it should still have about another 10 or so avs files to load.
I'd say this sounds like a problem with the plugins. Perhaps they got corrupted somehow? If you can revert the scripts to what they were before and it load fine then I'm willing to bet that might be the issue.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 am

There has been a few times I've had this happen, and sometimes these work:

(Note: This is using Premiere Elements, but the interfaces should be largely the same.)

- Right-click on the video track in the timeline, click "Enable" to disable the track, then click "Enable" again to re-enable it. This might force Premiere to re-read the script and fix the video tracks for you.

- Go into Windows Explorer and associate all .AVS files with Notepad, so you can open them as text scripts. In Premiere, right-click on the video source script in the Project Media window and click "Edit Original". This should open the text editor you use for AVS files. Resave the file and close it. This should force Premiere to re-read the script again, which usually results in the script refreshing.

- Right-click on the background of the Project Media window (not on any of the sources) and click "Refresh" Should have the same effect as above, just affects all of your script and media files at once. Although, doing the above is a bit more reliable, I found.

No promises on these working out (they only worked for me some of the time, other times not), but it's better than nothing. If you do get your video sources working again, don't hesitate to export what you have of your video right away.

Hope this helps you out. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “Adobe Software”