Animated Stroke

goЯz
Org Profile

Animated Stroke

Post by goЯz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Hey guys! hope you're all good, I'm sorry my English is messy so I'll try to keep this short and simple, I'm looking for a tutorial to make this artificial animated strokes, this effect puzzled me for quite a month now and I have no idea how to make it, wondering if any of you guys can help me out with this, would mean a lot to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzO_KGJTF-0

thanks a lot in advance

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Re: Animated Stroke

Post by Animated » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Frame by frame drawing over objects... that must be quite painful and it's not even as good looking as it sounds.

goЯz
Org Profile

Post by goЯz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Animated wrote:Frame by frame drawing over objects... that must be quite painful and it's not even as good looking as it sounds.
Thanks for the quick response, luckily I found it in an actual AMV I think it worth it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W66VXb1WSAE

so basically it's just pen tool whoring?

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:50 am

goЯz wrote:so basically it's just pen tool whoring?
I love how this guy thinks! My idea would be similar to Animated's one but instead of each frame, I would draw the outline in photoshop and have one shape be used for 3-4 frames and flashing it with a glow effect would increase "life" in the (pen tool whoring)

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Frame by frame in something like Photoshop or Illustrator probably is the way to go. However... I think you could probably get something most of the way there using Shape Layers in AE that might save SOME time (or it might end up being more hassle than it's worth). If I can find some time I'll see if I can record a tutorial of what I'm thinking.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “Effects & Techniques”