AMVs 101 panel: MizuCon 2012 - Miami, FL (Help?)

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
NellyEdits
Org Profile

Re: AMVs 101 panel: MizuCon 2012 - Miami, FL (Help?)

Post by NellyEdits » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:04 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:It kinda goes without saying, I thought, but actually being qualified to run a panel should be requirement number one for actually running one.
I've been editing for years, I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to run a panel correctly by now. I've been planning for weeks, all I wanted were some tips. I appreciate your advice, thanks.

NellyEdits
Org Profile

Post by NellyEdits » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:06 am

Mr Pilkington wrote:It sounds more like an AMV theory class with a side of technical. Theory is so basic and subjective that really anyone who's watched enough AMVs could teach the class.
Thanks for your input, then please point me in the right direction. How else can I approach this panel?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 am

NellyEdits wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:It kinda goes without saying, I thought, but actually being qualified to run a panel should be requirement number one for actually running one.
I've been editing for years, I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to run a panel correctly by now.
He may have been referring to that group you mentioned who don't know much about AMVs.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 am

Scintilla wrote:
NellyEdits wrote:
I've been editing for years, I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to run a panel correctly by now.
He may have been referring to that group you mentioned who don't know much about AMVs.
Very much that. Having people that don't know what they're talking about on a panel makes the whole panel look bad. I'll vague-post and say I know this from experience. :uhoh:
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

NellyEdits
Org Profile

Post by NellyEdits » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:55 am

Scintilla wrote:
NellyEdits wrote:
Was he? If so, I apologize on my behalf then! He does have a point I'm afraid, but there are no other editors who live in Miami, FL that I know of, unfortunately. I doubt they'll even present with me though, they'll just be in the audience. I'll make sure I don't sign them up again next year then, pretty damn foolish of me! :|

NellyEdits
Org Profile

Post by NellyEdits » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote: Having people that don't know what they're talking about on a panel makes the whole panel look bad. I'll vague-post and say I know this from experience. :uhoh:
You have a point sir! I'm just so nervous that I don't know what to do, just afraid to tackle this on my own. So I kind of want my friends to be there. I'll be taking your advice, they won't be presenting the panel with me, they'll just be in the audience.

Return to “Anime Conventions”