Dear Admins

rosieroohoo
Org Profile

Dear Admins

Post by rosieroohoo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Or mods, whoever happens to read this first.

I'm not really sure how merging accounts work on here, but that's what I would like to do, if that's okay! It's a VERY long story, but I have three accounts now. I know it's against the rules and I'm sorry for that. I don't know if you wanna know the whole story on how this happened, but it all started with a stupid mistake I made when I was younger. And if you know the screen name "darkangel199113", then you'll know that very long story.

Anyway, that's one of the accounts I would like merged with this one. The other is called "thecharmedone_prue". And here are the links to both the accounts:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=419950
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=766390

I just have a few questions about how the merge works.

1. Will all the videos on my old accounts appear on my new one?
2. Can I even merge two accounts with one?
3. I think that the "darkangel199113" account is deactived or something, because I tried to get my password sent to my e-mail and I didn't receive an e-mail. So if it is deactived, will the merge work?

I believe that's it. The reason I ask for a merge is because I can't remember my passwords. I tried sending them to the e-mail's my accounts are under, but I didn't get an e-mail for either. But thank you for reading all of that and I hope to get some advice on this real soon! :)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Dear Admins

Post by Kariudo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

1. That's how an account merge should work, yes. However...

2. There is no spoon account merge. The tool to do that just doesn't exist on this site.

It can be done by manually updating the database, but that's a decent chunk of work (and more work to make sure it's done correctly). I can take a look into it in some of my free time. I don't expect that this is something I'll be able to finish quickly though.

3. That account is still marked as active, but even if it weren't, the merge should still work. About the email, have you checked in your email's spam or trash folders?

rosieroohoo
Org Profile

Re: Dear Admins

Post by rosieroohoo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank you for your reply. I don't mind waiting until you have the time. As for the e-mail's, I think I know why I didn't get one for the second account I mentioned. I typed in the wrong name, I think. :sweat: But as for the first one, I have no clue as to what the problem could be there. I checked my junk mail and there was no e-mail there either. But that's okay. I don't think I really need a fix for that issue. I just mentioned it in case you needed a reason for my request.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”