Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Sword Art Online

Post by TEKnician » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 am

Well, these episodes are good for setting the scene and making clear the mechanics of the game.
Spoiler :
Most likely the main story includes some yellow and red guys so it would be good to appease the fan base by showing a popular arc if the manga. It's easier than bullcrapping their own episode to explain it and it's safer.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 pm

finally, ep 5 looks like it will actually have a plot that will be continued in the following ep, although why the heck did they have that short scene in the beginning of the ep and then suddenly fast forward a month and continue without mentioning it again. I wanted to see a cool boss fight in a village where a huge monster goes rampaging around while a large part tries to take it down (and I really don't get why he doesn't want NPC's to die, would he rather they sacrifice some players instead?)

Anyway, nice to see some old characters showing up again, and this current plot is somewhat interesting. I just wish the series as a whole was a little more focused on them actually advancing floors to win the game, rather than all these little side adventures.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 am

Episode 5 was interesting to say the least.
Spoiler :
PKs are a common think in these type of MMO anime, so it's nice to see them get a focus. Plus, this would be a really big deal to their world. A new way to murder people in-game would cause quite a bit of problems. Especially if a huge high level group could get together and utilize it to get amazing items.

Makes me wonder how they're being done. My instinct tells me maybe it's something to do with guild settings? I dunno. D:

Although Yoruko was WAY too nuts about all of this, especially that line about just doing what Griselda wanting. I don't trust her. >:| Then again, she's all dead so it's not really a problem now, although she may have done something pre-death to make all this happen.

Also, was it just me, or did Yoruko die REALLY quickly? The first guy took at least a few minutes, she died in seconds! Fall damage maybe?
GAH. I want episode 6 now. ;_______;

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 am

Asuna chan finally gets screen time!
Spoiler :
I like the fact that she has this serious feel to her, I think it suits her and it's a good follow up to what she was in episode 2. Lying under the three scene was awesome.
I'm really glad that it seems that we're finally at a point in time where it won't be skipping floors every 5 minutes. In other words, welcome the main story!
This PK thing is really cool. I think it's as Kirito said due to some kind of rare item that allows you to beat the crap out of people even in safe zones. Or it could be bug but I don't see that happening.
I also liked the part where Kirito pointed out that SAO is pretty much fair.. since yeah, it basically is.
Now I need episode 6!
ImageImage

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 am

I agree with CODEZTM on this point
Spoiler :
Yoruko did die way to fast, don't know about the falling part, but a single dagger thrown at someone in an MMO is not going to do much damage, and usually when players take damage their HP bar just goes down a bit. To get hit by just a single attack that either kills you or completely disables you means it would have to be really high level. But I figured the anime was blurring what might actually happen in a game vrs what would happen in real life.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:47 pm

I wanted it to be a more dramatic reunion between the 2! :( Like, Kirito is about to get mobbed up the anus when ASUNAAAAA...SAVES THE DAAAAYYYYY!!!! But no, we didn't get that...
Spoiler :
^ Please tell me someone caught that...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:04 pm

TEKnician wrote:I wanted it to be a more dramatic reunion between the 2! :( Like, Kirito is about to get mobbed up the anus when ASUNAAAAA...SAVES THE DAAAAYYYYY!!!! But no, we didn't get that...
I actually thought of the same, but in my mind it would be Kirito saving the day :up: :awesome:
ImageImage

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Ep5 seriously bored me. I'm really not a fan of these timeskips at the beginning of each episode. :\

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:16 pm

ep 6

soo many plot twists throughout the whole episode. And everyone involved kept having all these extreme reactions to every situation.

This reminded me of the stereotypical soap opera where there's a whole bunch of random revelations within an ep tying all the people involved together heh

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:49 pm

really liked ep6, Kirito x Asuna foreshadowing? and I thought the plot of it was good
Spoiler :
we were all fooled during the last ep
Much prefer this over moving from floor to floor each episode.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”