Ideas

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime Music Videos.

Re: Ideas

Postby Centurione » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Kevmaster wrote:Actually though I seem to have the opposite problem of yours. I always have clear pictures of something in my mind when listening to music. But what's the hardest part then is actually thinking of footage that resembles what I have pictured.
I have so many ideas in my head that it's impossible to do all of them and most of the time I don't even know with which to start.

SO MUCH THIS. I usually get ideas while riding some long distance in a bus/car/train listening to music. And it is actually never the music I want to edit to. And that's the problem because then I need to find both the footage and the music.
Last time, trying to start one of these, I ended up editing one scene in a week - total color changes, background changes and... sparkles.

I think I'm gonna start to learn something about animation, seriously.
Centurione

Postby lloyd9988 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Centurione wrote:
Kevmaster wrote:Actually though I seem to have the opposite problem of yours. I always have clear pictures of something in my mind when listening to music. But what's the hardest part then is actually thinking of footage that resembles what I have pictured.
I have so many ideas in my head that it's impossible to do all of them and most of the time I don't even know with which to start.

SO MUCH THIS. I usually get ideas while riding some long distance in a bus/car/train listening to music. And it is actually never the music I want to edit to. And that's the problem because then I need to find both the footage and the music.
Last time, trying to start one of these, I ended up editing one scene in a week - total color changes, background changes and... sparkles.

I think I'm gonna start to learn something about animation, seriously.

:| No joke.

But its the same for me as well. Usually, though, I watch my footage beforehand so I have an idea of what I'm working with so I guess my imagination kinda works a bit with reality but I really wish I could just put my imagination on the editing system and let it just know what I'm imagining. >.<
~Yo~
lloyd9988

Postby TEKnician » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 pm

I put a song on repeat and think of all the things I've seen in anime that act out the lyrics. The opposite also works.

Even though I haven't been making a lot of AMVs lately, I have several ideas in paper because of the above.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Postby TritioAFB » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:28 pm

I get ideas from every situation I live. What kind of idea do you think I'll get after having 1 accident, 1 person dead, 1 punishment and the hate of a family?
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Eake4 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:32 pm

TritioAFB wrote:I get ideas from every situation I live. What kind of idea do you think I'll get after having 1 accident, 1 person dead, 1 punishment and the hate of a family?

Crazy horror ideas and concept or very peaceful ideas. It'll be quite extreme I imagine
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 pm

seems like you're starting to meet me well, because it's a mix of the 2 ideas, since the two extremes are so different and so near at the same time.
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Previous

Return to General AMV