Re: IRC

Post by aesling » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:30 pm

You watched penises. Duh.
:ying:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Well now, there are far better things to do with penises than simply watch them :ying:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:44 pm

mirkosp wrote:This thread lacks a proper :A warning.
aesling wrote:You watched penises. Duh.
ImageImageImageImage

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I really need to get into the habit of getting on the Org's channel. Most of my IRC use is sporadic as it is anyway (and by 'sporadic' I mean, 'mostly just for XDCC').

Client-wise, I use Nettalk about 99.9% of the time. Prior to that was Chatzilla, prior to that was IceChat. I've used mIRC a couple of times, but I really don't see the appeal of it. As far as I can tell, the main reason people recommend it - aside from simple brand recognition - is XDCC RESUME, and several non-nagware and FOSS clients now exist that also support that command. The reason I initially tried Nettalk was because it met those criteria: doesn't nag you, FOSS, and supports XDCC RESUME. Its channel storage features are also really nice.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:50 pm

I stick to mIRC mainly because I've been using it since I first got into IRC back in 96. I bought a copy then and have been upgrading ever since. I flirted with a few other clients, mainly additions to mIRC, but it's been mostly mIRC. I did at one time use Trillian's and pidgn's IRC options as well and mibbit for remote access. Most of the time now, I just use mIRC and if I'm remote (such as at work) I just VNC into my home machine and chat from there....
ImageImageImageImage

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Jadecavy wrote:Lol, you were there for four minutes. Maybe stick around for a little longer next time?
4 minutes and 12 seconds :twisted: Yeah Ill idle for hours next time

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 pm

It's also worth mentioning that you are in Australia, and the majority of active people on IRC are in North America and Europe. You might've got on at a dead time when most people don't talk anyway.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:12 am

I personally use HexChat. I used to be on XChat, then went to XChat2 (aka YChan), then to XChat-WDK, which lately became HexChat.
It's better than mIRC for me because I need to join many networks, and mIRC really doesn't work well with that.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:54 am

Soz for being a noob but How the hell do I connect with #AMV on HexChat?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:38 am

The network is synirc, it should be on the list. You can the click on edit and add #AMV to favorite channels.

Return to “General Discussion”