How to do this effect?

Gintokiproductions
Org Profile

How to do this effect?

Post by Gintokiproductions » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:02 am

how can i do that eye transition at 0:08?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkQIuC1F ... re=mh_lolz

Jadeychan_95
Org Profile

Re: How to do this effect?

Post by Jadeychan_95 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:50 am

well obviously this person masked the eye out and added a zoom effect :D
but Im not sure though hope this kinda helps

Gintokiproductions
Org Profile

Post by Gintokiproductions » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 am

i will try to do that

AlexxAMV
Org Profile

Post by AlexxAMV » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Ok what the person did there was simple clip1 and clip2 ,crossfade as transition and zooming out the clip2 from a zoomed potition at the first frame then at the normal position a few frames later....wut u probably wanna do is actually a classic...u should try this Clip -1 = clip from witch u want to transition
Clip -2= the clip containing the eye :P
Put clip 1 in the timeline...then on a video track above place clip 2...move clip 2 on the timeline towards the end of clip 1 but still on a video-track above..put it so it overlays a few frames with clip 1..now where the few frames of overlaying ends cut clip 2..then go to pan/crop...at first keyframe of the little cut resulted(the one above the duration of clip 1) zoom in and position the square so its inside the black/central part of the eye then go to the last keyframe of that short cut and just restore the pan/croping to his regular position covering the borders of clip 2..now...copy this short subclip u did the zooming one video-track above .perfectly above and on this 2nd one..that also has the zooming out u edited before set opacity to 0 at first frame and to 100% at the last keyframe....now go back one video track bellow...at the short sequence u cut and do a negative mask on the black part of the eye.. (still dunno how its called)..frame by frame incase it mooves a little and its ot static..its negative in Sony Vegas or substractin AE and probably premiere i think..depending on what u use..the result should be something like the one at the beggining of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HqGeqUAhY...sorry for using one of my edits as example...well thats the basics of the effect in case this is what you were looking for..hope i did make it understandable..not verry good at explaining usually
-Alex-

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:49 am

2 Tracks, Have the track that shows first on the bottom. Let an eye scene be on the top track and have the top zoom blur in while fading out the other track.

Gintokiproductions
Org Profile

Post by Gintokiproductions » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks guys, worked perfectly :D

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:09 am

AlexxAMV wrote:do a negative mask on the black part of the eye.. (still dunno how its called)
I know in premiere it's called Luma Key. However I think that makes the white parts transparent, so it'd be like Negative -> Luma Key -> Negative to get the wanted result.
It's easy to do cool transitions with that one, I use it alot myself.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

AlexxAMV
Org Profile

Post by AlexxAMV » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:56 am

Shui wrote:
AlexxAMV wrote:do a negative mask on the black part of the eye.. (still dunno how its called)
I know in premiere it's called Luma Key. However I think that makes the white parts transparent, so it'd be like Negative -> Luma Key -> Negative to get the wanted result.
It's easy to do cool transitions with that one, I use it alot myself.
Well for maskings and such i use Vegas so can't say for sure the exact deffinitions in ae,,indeed u can get some cool transitioning and dinamics
-Alex-

Return to “Effects & Techniques”