The Quickening - Videos

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org

Re: The Quickening - Videos

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

downloads O':
Chained(E)Studio

Postby Centurione » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:32 pm

I liked all of the videos but my top pick would be Lopez's vid. But I can't choose the 2nd best one :uhoh:
It's just it was the only one that was, let's say, clear and dynamic at the same time. + it had the most of some concept from the set. And dramaaa!
I liked Ileia's video but it was too chaotic for me. Same with riccardocasu's vid. I liked them both (so pretty sources <3) but it felt a bit too much.
What I loved in Mally's video is the source choice and really good scene selection. But I felt some of the editing could have been improved. Especially at the beginning.

Great job all of you!
Centurione

Postby Mally » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Centurione wrote:I liked all of the videos but my top pick would be Lopez's vid. But I can't choose the 2nd best one :uhoh:
It's just it was the only one that was, let's say, clear and dynamic at the same time. + it had the most of some concept from the set. And dramaaa!
I liked Ileia's video but it was too chaotic for me. Same with riccardocasu's vid. I liked them both (so pretty sources <3) but it felt a bit too much.
What I loved in Mally's video is the source choice and really good scene selection. But I felt some of the editing could have been improved. Especially at the beginning.

Great job all of you!

Like and love are two different extremes.
Lets hope this love converts to luck and gets me through this round.

Also, the lack of skill at some moments of my video was mainly due to the time restrictions. I was able to get my video out in 3 days. I'm not sure how I edited so fast (hours on end editing), but it's all done now. At first I couldn't look at my video due to disappointment, but after some time I got over that and appreciated what I have done and how far I have reached in the tourny.

Good luck to all this round!
GO LOPEZ. OMG YES HE DIDN'T EDIT SOMETHING WHICH WAS MULTI-ANIME. *dies*
Mally

Postby Centurione » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm

:uhoh: Didn't pay much attention to it, sorry. Anyway, yours, Ileia's and riccardo's vids are pretty much equally good to me, that's what I mean^^
Centurione

Postby Mally » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Fair enough. : )
Mally

Postby pacotacoshell » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

Out of all the videos, Ileia's was definitely the strongest. Yeah, it may be chaotic, but that's exactly what the song entails. Lopez's video has an awesome concept, but his and the other videos didn't hit the beats as hard as I expected them to. I'm really big on sync, and Ileia knows exactly what beat needs a punch and what doesn't. A lot of people don't understand that (especially with the chorus of this song) large amounts of movement in your clips in really fast parts of a song are almost necessary. There were a lot of static scenes in the choruses of other videos that made me go "meh" because I want to be pumped up on the choruses, not waiting for something to happen. And let's face it, not many people can beat Ileia in a straight up action round in my opinion. She knows exactly what she's doing in terms of techniques, and she does it damn well.

So my meaningless vote for this round goes to Ileia! |:>
pacotacoshell

Postby Shin-AMV » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Out of all the videos, Ileia's was definitely the strongest. Yeah, it may be chaotic, but that's exactly what the song entails. Lopez's video has an awesome concept, but his and the other videos didn't hit the beats as hard as I expected them to. I'm really big on sync, and Ileia knows exactly what beat needs a punch and what doesn't. A lot of people don't understand that (especially with the chorus of this song) large amounts of movement in your clips in really fast parts of a song are almost necessary. There were a lot of static scenes in the choruses of other videos that made me go "meh" because I want to be pumped up on the choruses, not waiting for something to happen. And let's face it, not many people can beat Ileia in a straight up action round in my opinion. She knows exactly what she's doing in terms of techniques, and she does it damn well.

So my meaningless vote for this round goes to Ileia! |:>

x2
Shin-AMV

Postby Radical_Yue » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Championship videos are up! COME AND GET EM
Radical_Yue
stuck in a room with a moose

Postby Mally » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm

*Grabs the screen*
Mally

Postby Mally » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Watched both of the videos.. I'm speechless..
Can't believe I made it this far!

Good luck to me and Ileia, and I eagerly await the results!

Another 3 day AMV
Mally

Postby xDreww » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:39 pm

[Ileia] Thorns and Roses]

Okay, gotta say. excellent source to chose from, for this song. Iieia really the right hits with this.For some reason the first first minute just dragged me in really focusing on what's going on. Kept sucking me in from then on. LOVE 1:37-1:43. I can't really think of any flaws in this video at all...lol Scene selection was on target all around. maybe I would say the random cut at 1:49 with her attacking, then you went back to the scene of the other girl falling, didn't quite understand, some things like that was a bit random, but thats no biggie. I think I overestimated you thinking you might not be able to capture what this song brings out. To one of my favorite trance songs, I'm really impressed. This is probably far better then what I could have come up with. One of my favorites from you. 5/5

[Mally] Wielding Grief

A great start! Really liked the first 30 seconds, good capture on that bro. Didn't like the lip flap you had in between areas, just kind of ruined the mood/pacing for me. Like I told you before, kind of this video had a bit mroe flavor to it, scene the animation is a bit candy, bit random at parts, probably all the fighting clips was distracting me from really grasping what I expected to see emotion wise. I did understand where you was coming from, with your concept, good job on showing that with this type of anime. I really think you did a good job on that, I know it's not easy. Overall I dig the video just lacked some strong points for me. 3/5

My pick would be iiela for this.. You guys did an amazing job! Really really enjoyed this! You guys really represented the song I picked. More people should edit trance songs. :up:
Good luck to both!
xDreww

Postby Ileia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Mally wrote:Another 3 day AMV

15 hours here. D: I'll spare everyone the sob story, but for personal reasons, it was very difficult to edit to a romance song this week.

Good luck to you Mally, of your Quickening videos, I think that one is the best. Good job pulling a Symphogear video out of that song, haha.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Mally » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Ileia wrote:15 hours here.

BEAST. YOU ARE A BEAST!

Ileia wrote:Good luck to you Mally, of your Quickening videos, I think that one is the best. Good job pulling a Symphogear video out of that song, haha.

Good luck to you too, Ileia! Been with you for 3 rounds now including the finals and it has been quite tough, but now it's over.
And hey, Symphogear was the second thing that came into my mind when thinking of anime to this song!
Mally

Postby pacotacoshell » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 pm

Holy balls, Ileia's video was amazing. 2:17 was probably the best thing ever.

I'm going to go watch this anime now.
pacotacoshell

Postby HaydenST » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm

For the final match, i'm disappointed by the videos ....... :|
HaydenST

PreviousNext

Return to The Quickening