IRC

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

IRC

Post by Eake4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 am

Hello guys, I either have no idea how to use the IRC for #AMV or nobody on there talks at all.
Any clients suggested or tips, even guides of such as "HOW TO USE" would be greatly appreciated

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Re: IRC

Post by Jadecavy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 am

Lol, you were there for four minutes. Maybe stick around for a little longer next time?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:55 am

The correct way to use IRC is to join the channel, then idle there for hours or even days before saying anything.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:17 am

Pretty much this. Or try and strike up a conversation. Even then, a lotta people just idle there. Have some patience, because when things do get going, they get going :bear:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:18 am

This thread lacks a proper :A warning.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 am

It is rather dead in IRC for the most part. As Bashar said, you just kinda idle until people start chatting.

I know a lot of people like mIRC, I personally use mibbit while I'm at work and Chatzilla (it's a Firefox add-on) while I'm at home.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/irc/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm

I don't find it dead at all. It's just the way IRC works. Things happen in bursts. Last night there was a couple of really active discussions for a while for example, and then it was dead again for a while. Some times of the day also tend to be more or less active than others.

But yes, IRC is for idling on, not for constantly yelling things back and forth. It's not unusual for it to be silent for hours at a time, especially at certain times of day.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Otohiko wrote:I don't find it dead at all. It's just the way IRC works. Things happen in bursts. Last night there was a couple of really active discussions for a while for example, and then it was dead again for a while. Some times of the day also tend to be more or less active than others.

But yes, IRC is for idling on, not for constantly yelling things back and forth. It's not unusual for it to be silent for hours at a time, especially at certain times of day.

AND YOU DIDN'T WATCH MY VIDEO

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:
Otohiko wrote:I don't find it dead at all. It's just the way IRC works. Things happen in bursts. Last night there was a couple of really active discussions for a while for example, and then it was dead again for a while. Some times of the day also tend to be more or less active than others.

AND YOU DIDN'T WATCH MY VIDEO
AND HE DIDN'T WATCH MY- no, j/k... just trying to fit in ._.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Then what did I watch last night? o__o
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”