How has the hobby made a difference in your life?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Flame-X
Org Profile

Re: How has the hobby made a difference in your life?

Post by Flame-X » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

"How has the hobby made a difference in your life?"
It made me a bit more productive in life and gave me a new creative insight.

"If AMV's are a form of Communication. What do they Communicate?"
Promo pieces / advertisement for the sources. At least that's the way I mostly see it. Almost 1/3 of the music I listen to is because of AMVs that got me into it. Another answer I would give is... editing shows as another form art. It displays creative intent, feelings, atmosphere, soul, reflection, etc. Stuff that people already said above.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

Castor Troy wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:I went into college as a computer science major. Ended up not liking it. One day I was at a career fair talking to someone from microsoft who said, it had to be something that you completely love to do. AMVs popped into my head the time and I smiled. I spent the next couple of years in school finding something that would give me a similar fix. I did game design, then Cinema (thinking I would edit), and then finally, I landed on Animation.
That sounds like my situation. My parents told me to "major in computers" so I chose computer science and wanted to shoot myself in the head after 1 quarter of it.

Never again. :roll:

I could write an entire novel on how amvs changed my life for the better, but I'll just leave it at that. :wink: :bear:
Pretty much the same here. Except it was my mom, after my computer buisness started crumbling, who convinced me to dedicate myself to editing as a new profession.

"How has the hobby made a difference in your life?"
Today I'm a professional video compositor

"AMV's use [Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to see through Different Eyes] on so many levels. How?"
Wut? :awesome:

"If AMV's are a form of Communication. What do they Communicate?"
AMVs can be a powerful tool to evoke emotions. I mean, you have music, which is already very powerful; video, equally powerful; generally a source which already has an underlying tone; and then you have the ability to modify that in a profound way.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I became internet famous :amv:

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

How has the hobby made a difference in your life?

Post by Falconone » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:26 am

This hobby gave me a new way to get my isperations a place to show and collect them.
Befor i started with AMVs i wrote stories and that was more a mind thing. After that with AMVs i gave them all a face, you saw and hear the ideas i had in my head.
Also it gave me a piece of freedom for my self. it helped me to forget the bad things that happens to me.
So it changed me completly.

Return to “General AMV”