Ideas

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Ideas

Post by Eake4 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 am

A topic on How people generate their ideas.

Ill go first:
I get ideas rushing into me after a jog or something. But I can never find a solid image in my mind and therefore I cant produce my idea well enough or never even start to create it.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: Ideas

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:46 am

Rum

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:55 am

Mr Pilkington wrote:Rum
Can't tell if your being serious but if you are, any suggestions to underaged people?

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 am

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

Eake4 wrote: Can't tell if your being serious but if you are, any suggestions to underaged people?
Not sure how old you are, but either way way, at your age Addy was living with me drinking my booze. Find an apathetic, delinquent adult to live with. :bear:

OR you could try watching other AMVs, developing theory, practicing techniques in your NLE and/or compositor of choice, etc. Eventually the idea will come :up:

But yeah rum. |:>
EK posted a song in the old org forums about ten years ago that I really, desperately wanted to make an AMV to but had no concept. It took about 8 years, but one night after a good party, I awoke in the middle of the night with a brilliant idea to that exact song! ROHerpes resulted and I blame the rum.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 am

If I really want to edit, and have no ideas, I take requests.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Fuck yeah, Rum.

Actually though I seem to have the opposite problem of yours. I always have clear pictures of something in my mind when listening to music. But what's the hardest part then is actually thinking of footage that resembles what I have pictured.
I have so many ideas in my head that it's impossible to do all of them and most of the time I don't even know with which to start.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm

I get my ideas in the bathroom. :beer:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Trial and error mainly for me. When ever I listen to any song I try to think of some of anime's that could go with it, 60% of the time I get nothing, 30% I get something but by the end of the song I change my mind and it seems bad, but that remaining 10% gets thrown down on my to do list of AMV's
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Not sure what you're asking... I get the idea usually when I play a song or I watch the anime. Well, it sometimes comes to me even in class, while I'm walking or whatever.

But if you're asking how to make it into a solid image inside your head then in my case it's that I'm really and I get like really emotional toward the song. I close my eyes and let myself sway with the song playing and the scenes just come rushing to my head. Also it's cool to like fall to your bed on your belly and listen to the song in the dark if it's like an drama idea. If it's something sick and twisted try standing up and let yourself sway to the dark side :D

So basically what I'm saying is that you should concentrate on the thing you wanna make.. If you wanna make a comedy you can't be filled with sadness and shi...stuff.
[quote="Eake4"Can't tell if your being serious but if you are, any suggestions to underaged people?[/quote]
Gin and dilute it with tonic :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”