[Otakon 2012] Put Ya Guns On!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Re: [Otakon 2012] Put Ya Guns On!

Post by GuntherAMVs » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 am

I CAME FOR THE PARTY~
I STAYED FOR THE GUNS~
Seriously, Ryan, this was BEASTLY.
I really, really liked this one, and I'm not a fan of action, usually~
Hooray for spinning horses and epic twitching frames b^^b
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

Statz
Org Profile

Post by Statz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Very nice job! It took me a couple playthroughs to get into it and really enjoy it but now I can say I freakin' love this video! I agree with a previous comment saying some of it felt a tad slow.

Shiver
Higurashiver
Org Profile

Post by Shiver » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:30 pm

amazing amv! very well done and original too! :ying:
Spoiler :
the foot at 0:41
Image :asd:

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:56 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:DYNAMIC!
You know my thoughts |:>
Indeed! And I will make an even better video next time. :ying:
Kisanzi wrote:You know my thoughts as well. Good improvements to the ending segment. This gets me pumped to go make a house explode with my bare fists. In fact, that's what I'm going to do right now!

(Horse flips out of the thread)
Make sure you fly up into outer space afterwards, otherwise you might get in trouble!
Warlike Swans wrote:This is such a beautiful example of what an action AMV should be. <3
Thanks so much! |:>
Kevmaster wrote:Sorry, but I didn't like this at all. Audio and Video source seemed eytremly disconnected.
The general editing was ok, though it felt rather bland and obvious to me.
I knew when I picked the song that it was going to be divisive. Spanish lyrics in a song with Edo period Japanese samurai? I tried to make it work as best I can. Hopefully I'll make something you like next time. :wink:

CodeZTM wrote:The whole video itself seemed a tad slow compared to the pace music, but I loved how it got me pumped up and showed off more of this anime other than just those two guys on horses. Nice scene selection, which made the whole thing was entertaining to watch from start to end. The ending (around 3:28) was a little disappointing though. Felt like the "peace everywhere" after 3 minutes of warring was sort of out of left field. REALLY entertaining credits though.

Still, it's a keeper and I definitely reccomend. :up:
Thanks! And thanks so much for the OP, that was awesome of you! :awesome:

Brakus wrote:I think during the course of Otakon this past weekend, I didn't waste any opportunity in showing my enthusiasm for this AMV. After the initial showing on this video on Friday night during the contest, I jumped out of my seat and screamed "YES! YES! YES!" in excitement. The last time I was so pumped up and genuinely excited about an AMV in this way was back in 2005, after Nostromo's "Always Hardcore" was shown during the AWA Expo awards ceremony. Suffice it to say my seeing this video has recaptured what the near-perfect AMV viewing experience should be.

This video has so much hot-bloodedness that it pretty much captures what the show is all about. And you can't really spoil historical events, albeit the show did tend to change certain events to fit the story (especially in Season 1). Bonus points go to those that smile or chuckle at certain points of the AMV because you know what context the scenes were used in the show. Four months is a lot of time to pour your heart and soul into a video that showcases a title that needs a lot more love from anime viewers, and that time and effort certainly paid off here. I kinda hope this AMV gets the "Hold Me Now" effect that happened for Princess Tutu.

I also had made a video intended for the Otakon contest using the same video source and almost the same title (but different audio source), having no idea this video exists. Since this video is just that damn good, I will happily recommend and link to this video to give it (and the series) more love. May this video be as resilient as the soul of Date Masamune and the citizens of Sendai, Japan. WE'LL NEVER GIVE UP!
Considering I made this video as a huge fan of the show, knowing it pleased other fans of Basara makes me squeal like a fangirl >.> One of the best things EVER was hearing some guy during the Friday screening yell out "PUT YA GUNS ON" before the video even started. I was like :shock: then :awesome:
Castor Troy wrote:I loved watching this at AX.

R U READY GUYZ?!

PUT YA GANZ OHN!

|:>
It's always a good idea to keep your guns on, just in case you need to blow up a house or cause a megaton explosion :bear:
Hagaren Viper wrote:Preeetty much this. I absolutely loved this video and plan to check out the series whenever I get some spare cash. Great work!

I do wish the song was as short as you cut it though, I really dont need the full 7 minutes >>
I'm really happy you liked it! Check out the series, definitely. And like Kevmaster mentioned, there is a radio edit of "Becoming Insane" that is around 3 minutes long. I mixed certain parts of the full-length version and the radio edit to get the song to be how I wanted it.
GuntherAMVs wrote:I CAME FOR THE PARTY~
I STAYED FOR THE GUNS~
Seriously, Ryan, this was BEASTLY.
I really, really liked this one, and I'm not a fan of action, usually~
Hooray for spinning horses and epic twitching frames b^^b
Summer, you leave the best comments <3 If there was an imaginary box for this video, I'd totally put parts of your message as the box quote: "I CAME FOR THE PARTY, I STAYED FOR THE GUNS" ~ GuntherAMVs
Statz wrote:Very nice job! It took me a couple playthroughs to get into it and really enjoy it but now I can say I freakin' love this video! I agree with a previous comment saying some of it felt a tad slow.
I'm glad you got into it! I'll have to make sure my next video is paced a little faster. Thanks for the feedback :up:
Shiver wrote:amazing amv! very well done and original too! :ying:
Thanks! Glad you liked the foot stomp too, hehe :wink:

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm

irriadin wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:I loved watching this at AX.

R U READY GUYZ?!

PUT YA GANZ OHN!

|:>
It's always a good idea to keep your guns on, just in case you need to blow up a house or cause a megaton explosion :bear:
Hell, you don't even need that. Just get two very manly guys to express their admiration for each other through megaton punches. (That's why I laughed when I saw Takeda's house being blown up.)
Hagaren Viper wrote:Preeetty much this. I absolutely loved this video and plan to check out the series whenever I get some spare cash. Great work!

I do wish the song was as short as you cut it though, I really dont need the full 7 minutes >>
I'm really happy you liked it! Check out the series, definitely. And like Kevmaster mentioned, there is a radio edit of "Becoming Insane" that is around 3 minutes long. I mixed certain parts of the full-length version and the radio edit to get the song to be how I wanted it.
Not only do I hope people buy this anime (and buy The Last Party when it comes out) and its merchandise, I hope people will get the song legally (thru iTunes or Amazon or whereever) - I know I'm seeking this song out!
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

dragontamer5788
Org Profile

Post by dragontamer5788 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Oh man, when I first saw this video, I almost instantly voted for it.

This literally was the *perfect* video to start the Action section. And holy crap, what a section it was. This is the best Action Otakon I've ever seen in my life. (This, Teenagerrrs, the Fate/Zero one, Superheroes... so many good Action vids this year).

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Prooobably my fav video at Otakon. Can't really compete with horses being flipped by spear wielding Samurai's. I always adore your action videos, and this one was no exception. I felt totally pumped after seeing this for the third time at Iron Editor! Maybe I even felt myself becoming the slightest bit insane :D Keep it Up Ryan!
ImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:15 pm

Wait a minute...THIS ISN'T YER GUNS, PUT THEM ON!

I'VE BEEN LIED TO >:O

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Wait a minute...THIS ISN'T YER GUNS, PUT THEM ON!

I'VE BEEN LIED TO >:O
Ha, irriadin's video is clearly the superior one :) :)

(Again, I had no idea his video existed until after AnimeNEXT.)
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 am

BUT THERE WEREN'T ANY GUNS!!!! :uhoh:

oh well, bought the song anyway. gratz on the win |:>

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”