WAFV2 Official Thread (All entries welcome. )

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
xell458
Org Profile

Re: WAFV2 Offcial Thread (Positions Re-Opened)

Post by xell458 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 am

i would like to join some space free for me?^^

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:09 pm

xell458 wrote:i would like to join some space free for me?^^
Sure, I never heard anything about an editor limit for this
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:47 pm

SilverFreedoms wrote:
xell458 wrote:i would like to join some space free for me?^^
Sure, I never heard anything about an editor limit for this
correct. But I will ask for a video of your previous work and at least one approval from an editor on the project (other than me) based on that video.

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 am

Hey guys. Sorry for my hiatus. I got some updates for you guys so listen up

All Current editors with betas sent and received
Keep at work with your final videos and get them in whenever you can. I know a few of you are working on other projects so I'll try to be patient.

New Editors who have just joined
I noticed a few who mentioned they were going to give this a try. Please pm me if you are still interested (though I might pm you first) and give me the anime and artist you plan on using. I'll be taking a look at the list on the first post in the next few days to clear that up. At this point I won't bother with "give me some previous work to audition". Just give me your beta as a try outs once the anime and artist are okayed. Lets put the beta deadline for new editors around the end of August; sooner than that if you can.

Entering my own track?
Okay, this I'm still not sure about but I recently got the interest to make an amv using Summer Wars to the song "New Fire" by Sent by Ravens. Of Course I've been having issues with gettting the dvd ripped and ready to work on in After Effects so it all depends if I get that figured out. If I can get it done by the time everyone has had a final sent in I'll see about adding it in. If not at least it's something to do while I wait for entries to get in.

again I apologize for the lack of updates. Take care and make something awesome.

xell458
Org Profile

Post by xell458 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:46 am

youtube-xell458 search that thats my acc^^ 95% of that stuff is from me selfmade

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:47 am

Okay I'm having such problems with getting this stinking footage into after effects. I use dvd decrypter and after that everything I try (dvd2avi, virtual dub) gets me odd results in file typse that I don't remember being what there supposed to be NONE of which after effects will allow me to use. So if anyone has the patience to help me with this is greatly appreciated. (And please don't give me the link to the how to that's on this site. I don't want to read through pages and pages of junk).

SilverFreedoms
Org Profile

Post by SilverFreedoms » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Osakaisthebomb wrote:Okay I'm having such problems with getting this stinking footage into after effects. I use dvd decrypter and after that everything I try (dvd2avi, virtual dub) gets me odd results in file typse that I don't remember being what there supposed to be NONE of which after effects will allow me to use. So if anyone has the patience to help me with this is greatly appreciated. (And please don't give me the link to the how to that's on this site. I don't want to read through pages and pages of junk).
Send me a PM with the details
Imaget had to be said: the world is perishing from an orgy of self-sacrifice.

in Ayn Rand's _The Fountainhead

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 pm

finally figure out the whole dvd rip thing and can now work with the video in after effects. Gotta do some experimenting to get the quality better first though. So I'll be working on a track soon.

First post long over due edit in progress now. First post re-edited. The hopeful goal is to get all entries, new and old editors, in by the end of August.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Re: WAFV2 Ofcl.l Thread (waiting on finals, still taking ent

Post by Inan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 pm

ill be sending in my audition in a couple of days, and ill also have a partner so i guess the track can count from both of us.

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Re: WAFV2 Ofcl.l Thread (waiting on finals, still taking ent

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Okay I'm really getting tired of trying to work this video on after effects. I got all the dvd gathering down but now it's down to getting an avi file from virtualdub but the one compression time the guide suggest to use when getting a particular segment (huffyuv) is not on it NOR can I get it to install. So is there a new compression setting standard I can use that makes sliding from frame to frame on my video not see to take minutes on end?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”