Don't buy anime from Walmart.com

Cyrix
Org Profile

Re: Don't buy anime from Walmart.com

Post by Cyrix » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks for the input. I tried contacting Anime Works, but of course they make themselves unreachable. Since there is nothing you can do about the fact that all copies of Kashimashi are printed by Anime Works, I felt like it was important to note that when the quality of the product might be questionable, it's good to order from a business that has their act together, and Walmart obviously doesn't.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

It's more like they have strict policies in place for DVD returns because they get a lot of people buying, copying, and returning stuff and expecting a refund. If this distributor becomes a headache for them, they'll just stop doing business with them. One of a million products they carry (and don't sell many units of) isn't going to hold much weight in anyone's give-a-shit-o-meter. It's incredibly naive to think it would.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Cyrix
Org Profile

Post by Cyrix » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:07 pm

The issue isn't with their policies; their return system is reasonable on paper. The issue is with them stalling, taking weeks to do anything, and generally being dishonest.

It's naive to expect businesses to deal with defective merchandise in a reasonable timeframe? It's one of their responsibilities as a merchant. Using the 3x3 Eyes from Amazon example again, they ended up sending me Volume 1 instead of Volume 2 twice, because they had mislabeled their inventory. Both times they issued an immediate refund and gave me free one day shipping on the replacement; after the second one when it was determined the supply was mislabeled they corrected the problem in a couple days. It took less than two weeks to get two replacements and the problem solved. Granted, corrected mislabeled inventory is less difficult than dealing with a defective supply, but Amazon went far beyond reasonable expectations. You can feel the difference between a company that cares about you as their customer and wants to make you satisfied, and a company that wants you to give up and go away.

Jeeze, this was supposed to just be an amusing story

Return to “General Anime”