Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by Eake4 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:07 am

Spoiler :
If they show the item of rivival next week, I have a feeling that its not gonna work.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:55 am

Jasta85 wrote:But I'm still a bit angry that there's still no continuity between episodes, they're pretty much all separate episodes at this point, it doesn't feel like the fight for survival like the first ep made it out to be. Also, there's new characters every ep and then they don't show up again. They'll probably all meet again in some of the final eps but I wish there was a bit more character development till then.
They're animating all the side story chapters from the second volume. Basically, the first volume has the stuff of the first two episodes, then pretty much does a 1 and a half year timeskip (in which the side stories take place) and then talks about the rest.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Picked this up last night. I like the character of the day feeling to this. Reminds me of Pokemon, which I like as an anime plot formula. :up:

Although I wouldn't mind if there was SOME overarching goal other than the 100 floors.
Spoiler :
Episode 1 was a good introduction. I feel like it explained the majority of the plot in the anime in one episode, so that we don't spend 5 episodes with "OMG WE CAN'T LOG OUT WAT IS THIS" and slowly unravel the plot. I hate anime that does that. >_>

Episode 2 was just SAD. It took them that long to clear one floor? JEESUS. I hope they moved the bodies of the people trapped and are feeding them or something, cuz they'll be in there for YEARS. Also, I loved how Kirito totally did the zero requiem from Code Geass. So that people wouldn't hate each other and the other testers, he created himself as an object of hatred. Shows a lot for his character. I liked it. :up:

Episode 3 was just SAD. Wait, didn't I just say that? No, I knew that the poor girl would be dead before the episode's end. Although I don't play THAT many MMOs, can somebody confirm my thoughts that it was Kirito's fault that they died? I'm guessing the hidden room spawned enemies at the level of the party, and since Kirito was nearly double everyone else, that the monsters were ones that couldnt' be beaten easily. I loved the Christmas atmosphere at the end, and the setting/mood was just SPOT ON. Although I'm confused as to how Keita was able to take on the effing divine dragons. WTF.

Episode 4 really did a nice job of letting us in on the environment of the world. PKs and theives were something I would expect (although I'm saddened by it), and I loved how he helped the new character of teh day out. It was a really sweet episode, and NICE to finally get one with a happy ending. oh, and holy hell as his level and experience. Frontlining like a BAWSS. :up:
Yay! Now I have something to look forward to every week! :3

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:36 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
Spoiler :
Although I don't play THAT many MMOs, can somebody confirm my thoughts that it was Kirito's fault that they died? I'm guessing the hidden room spawned enemies at the level of the party, and since Kirito was nearly double everyone else, that the monsters were ones that couldnt' be beaten easily.
Spoiler :
I think that the reason why it was Kirito's fault was just that, since they saw him killing enemies with ease, they thought they'd be fine on the next floor by then, which wasn't the case here (Kirito was fine there because he was already at a higher level). So basically, due to Kirito hiding his level, they overestimated their own capabilities at their current level, thus the issue.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 am

Oh god, the little girl....
Spoiler :
If she died I probably would have dropped the series out of pure hatred for the writers.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:49 am

Spoiler :
I laughed my ass off when all the guys were attacking Kirito and his health is barely even moving. "I'm level 78, noobs."

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:37 am

ZephyrStar wrote:
Spoiler :
I laughed my ass off when all the guys were attacking Kirito and his health is barely even moving. "I'm level 78, noobs."
Exactly :D

This episode showed us that they do have choices to make everytime they level up.. leveling their abilities (track, detection, regenerationm, listening)
I also like that green|orange|red system.. it's a nice feature.
And Kirito was pretty badass
Spoiler :
You think I'm gonna waver over little bit of orange?! I'm solo player who's able to kick your asses
The gloomy character from the end of episode 3 was gone just like that, it's a shame that these extras don't have any kind of connection :) Can't wait for the main novel.
It's interesting to watch how his coat changes with every episode but it's not too noticable therefore it still doesn't matter in amvs :)
ImageImage

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:47 pm

I have just ONE thing to say to you, Kirito... :|
Spoiler :
CAN'T TOUCH THIS :awesome:
Other than that...
Spoiler :
I felt more sorry for Pina than I did Sachi. I mean, at least Sachi could fight back! Pina was just an innocent wittle dwagon! :cry: HOW CAN YOU NOT CRY AFTER THAT??!!
Speculating that Asuna is being kept on the side until she ends up kicking Kirito's ass.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:25 pm

This series kinda gives off an anyone-can-die vibe, so I was actually kinda surprised when
Spoiler :
Pina came back to life.
Considering how things went in ep 3...yeah...

Looks like Aniplex of America is releasing the opening theme single in the states or something....I hope they don't touch the series itself. Funi plz.

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:40 pm

This is okay so far, enjoying the episodes focusing on different characters.
Would like to know more about in depth on Kirito though but its a bit early for that still..

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”