The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Results All Up in Here

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Post by Rendakor » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Some more thoughts: I'd like to 'thank' BecauseImBored1 for getting Teenagers stuck in my head all weekend. Also, watching Shut Up and Ride was awkward because I know this WoW parody better than the original song.
Image Image

Zaiyei
Org Profile

Post by Zaiyei » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Group Photos!
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5983/dsc0107jz.jpg
From Left to Right
Top: Snapxynith, Irriadin, Shin, BecauseImBored1, Vivifx, Kireblue
Bottom: RAWdangers, l33tmeatwad

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/379/dsc0079g.jpg
(I'll list who is who later)

:bzz2:
Otakon 2012 too much fun guys :)
Congratulations for all the winners! GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!!:):) You all deserved it!
See you all again next year?! (& Hopefully even more people!)

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Congrats on the wins everyone! P.S Our skype chat kicks ass!
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:34 pm

It was a lovely contest! I can't really express how thrilled I am with the results. I was so glad that I brought so much cheer to that contest audience -- and I am so so so honored to be the best in show winner, and to have had the oppurtunity to meet so many fine editors!
Rendakor wrote:The contest was great, and gratz to all the winners! :bzz: Iron Editor was awesome too; first year I went to IE (didn't really know what it was before :sweat:). My only complaint was that a lot of videos seemed to be in wrong categories, and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka). Still a great time overall!
I was so surprised other people had ponies in their videos, I was trying to be all cool and artsy and out there. My only issue is I felt that the other two videos in the contest that had MLP in them kind of just threw them in there without rhyme or reason, other than the one that hey -- everyone loves ponies. That being said it would be highly hypocritical of me to discredit their use X3
l33tmeatwad wrote:
Rendakor wrote:...and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka)...
I found the the amount of MLP to be annoying considering it's NOT ANIME! Nothing against MLP itself, but it's an anime con...I mean, I love Disney's Aladdin, but it doesn't really belong in an AMV.
XD I can't argue with you on that cause a) Aladdin is awesome and b) ponies isn't an anime. But as I explained at the dinner after iron editor, my personal goal as an editor is to keep pushing outside the box, with ideas and concepts that can sometimes be a little out there and maybe even radical. Maybe it didn't/doesn't belong in an AMV contest, maybe it did/does. The important thing here - to me at least is that it found a place, and made people laugh. And that's all I can ask for. Also I got a really neat shirt out of it sooooo X3

Anyway congrats to all of the winners! You are all amazing!!
ImageImage

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:55 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Congrats on the wins everyone! P.S Our skype chat kicks ass!
:up: True story!
VivifxAMV wrote:Aladdin is awesome...
:up:
VivifxAMV wrote:Also I got a really neat shirt out of it sooooo X3
You're welcome! Don't eBay that, I know it's tempting since my autograph is worth so much... :bear:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:03 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote: You're welcome! Don't eBay that, I know it's tempting since my autograph is worth so much... :bear:
I told you I am gonna wear it all the time. Helps me remember that maybe one day, if I try real hard...maybe my ego can be half as big *sighs*
ImageImage

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:13 pm

VivifxAMV wrote:
l33tmeatwad wrote: You're welcome! Don't eBay that, I know it's tempting since my autograph is worth so much... :bear:
I told you I am gonna wear it all the time. Helps me remember that maybe one day, if I try real hard...maybe my ego can be half as big *sighs*
Oh dear lord! Don't even joke about that! I just can't even imagine . . . another ego even half as big as meatwads O.O the whole universe would collapse on itself! There's barely enough room for his ego as it is! For the sake of humanity Katie, don't do it!! Don't go over to the dark side no matter how many cookies or cupcakes they have!

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 pm

RAWdangers wrote:
VivifxAMV wrote:
Oh dear lord! Don't even joke about that! I just can't even imagine . . . another ego even half as big as meatwads O.O the whole universe would collapse on itself! There's barely enough room for his ego as it is! For the sake of humanity Katie, don't do it!! Don't go over to the dark side no matter how many cookies or cupcakes they have!
I absorbed the dark side and anything that gets near it as well, so no worries, my ego will always remain the largest :awesome:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 pm

And the cone of suffering continues to expand. D:

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:11 am

Shin-AMV wrote:And the cone of suffering continues to expand. D:
I'm considering starting a religion dedicated solely to my vainglory....is this how the ego starts?
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”