The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Results All Up in Here

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
xDreww
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2012 Thread: AMV Contest Rules are Live

Post by xDreww » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm

k, let me clarify something on my last post. I was told by a friend that my last post was a bit crude. Now..It wasn't meant to sound rude to the editor that won. I'm happy for him as well! That's a big win!! All congrats to RAWdangers (:
Because of that, I was told that I was taken bad about because I said what I said. Sorry for being honest and straight forward with my opinion on which video I thought best fit "drama" for otakon. I thought Magic Eye was best for it. Thats pretty much all I meant to say...lol So hopefully those people who seen that, will get things clear now. Sorry! Congrats to everyone again! <3

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:02 pm

This year was crazy fun. Glad to have seen you all, and congrats to the winners!
It was a wonderful time, and hoping to see some more familiar faces next year. :]

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:39 pm

It looks like a lot of deserving videos won, but how was the contest as a whole?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Castor Troy wrote:It looks like a lot of deserving videos won, but how was the contest as a whole?
It was pretty damn good. There were a lot of really good videos among all the categories. Action and Drama were especially stacked.
xDreww wrote:k, let me clarify something on my last post. I was told by a friend that my last post was a bit crude. Now..It wasn't meant to sound rude to the editor that won. I'm happy for him as well! That's a big win!! All congrats to RAWdangers (:
Because of that, I was told that I was taken bad about because I said what I said. Sorry for being honest and straight forward with my opinion on which video I thought best fit "drama" for otakon. I thought Magic Eye was best for it. Thats pretty much all I meant to say...lol So hopefully those people who seen that, will get things clear now. Sorry! Congrats to everyone again! <3
Don't worry, i didn't take it offensively. It's honestly the reaction i expect. It's the reaction I had myself as I said earlier.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm

RAWdangers wrote: Don't worry, i didn't take it offensively. It's honestly the reaction i expect. It's the reaction I had myself as I said earlier.
haha I'm glad. Thanks for understanding, congrats again! Expect the unexpected! haha
-Corsair- wrote:This year was crazy fun. Glad to have seen you all, and congrats to the winners!
It was a wonderful time, and hoping to see some more familiar faces next year. :][/quote

I'll be going next year. (: Hopefully..good chance..I hope.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I'd like to upload my video to the site today, but I'm a little busy with some pressing matters at hand (read: drunk). I'll have up it by time I see straight things.

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:28 pm

The contest was great, and gratz to all the winners! :bzz: Iron Editor was awesome too; first year I went to IE (didn't really know what it was before :sweat:). My only complaint was that a lot of videos seemed to be in wrong categories, and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka). Still a great time overall!
Image Image

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Rendakor wrote:...and a couple sources seemed overused (MLP, Madoka)...
I found the the amount of MLP to be annoying considering it's NOT ANIME! Nothing against MLP itself, but it's an anime con...I mean, I love Disney's Aladdin, but it doesn't really belong in an AMV.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Group Photos!
From Left to Right
Top: Snapxynith, Irriadin, Shin, BecauseImBored1, Vivifx, Kireblue
Bottom: RAWdangers, l33tmeatwad

(I'll list who is who later)

:bzz2:

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Otakon was amazing, and the contest was extremely competitive - 9 solid action videos and 6 solid drama videos. Amazing to see the results turn out that way with some favorites falling to equally effective and competitive contenders. The whole contest was just great to watch.

Oh, and if I hadn't already mentioned it, I loved the SenBASA video that led off Action. The last time I was so excited and pumped up about an AMV and its showcase anime was 2005 with Nostromo's "Always Hardcore" video. This video has knocked "Hands Up" as my favorite video so far this year. Congratulations on a stellar performance.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Return to “AMV Contests”