Patrick Bohnet (Quu) Has Passed Away

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Patrick Bohnet (Quu) Has Passed Away

Post by Kionon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 am

He had the same defect as my dad, if I remember our conversations correctly. My dad did die at 32 in 1987. I was three. So I know exactly what Sylvia will be going through.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 am

I wasn't very close to him and actually didn't talk to him in a year but we had a lot of funny conversations previous to last years awa pro. The contest system he programmed is amazing and i was really looking forward to meeting him at AWA this year. This sucks :(

My condolence goes with his family and close friends. May he rest in peace.
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:24 am

I saw a couple of Quu's videos back when I first started editing, though for the longest time I didn't connect them to the guy that helped run AWA's VAT. In 2010, I had the good fortune to be seated next to him at the AWA editors' dinner, and listening to him talk about the tech behind the scenes for con playback was an eye-opening experience, which led to me doing some beta testing for his new ConPlayer application. Honestly, one of the biggest reasons I was looking forward to AWA this year was to talk to him more about the subject.

He was brilliant, sharp, and helpful to everyone. He will be missed, and my condolences go out to his family and friends.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:13 pm

No way, this is rather shocking indeed. He's been around in the community and the IRC quite a bit lately too.

My deepest condolences to his family. That is a terrible thing to happen.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I cannot say I had much interaction with him outside of AWA's coordination, but my condolences are with his family and friends. It is always sad to lose a good man like that. :(

scottanime
The One
Org Profile

Post by scottanime » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Quu was the first person to help me when I took over as AMV coordinator for Fanime in 2003. He even went as far as to attend the event in both 2003 and 2004 along with Debra. His guidance shaped the foundation of that event and how I have run AMV event ever since. His brilliant methods and personality will always be remembered. We have all lost a great friend.
Scott Peterson
NDK AMV Coordinator 2006-2022
Sac Anime AMV Coordinator 2007 & 2010
Fanime AMV Coordinator 2003-2006

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Awww man. :(

This is extremely sad news, he was a good guy. I can't pretend that I knew him really well, but even the casual observer could see that he was easy to get along with, eager to help people (whether it was tech-related, or cooking/baking advice), and so endearingly proud of his new little daughter. This is terrible news, indeed, my thoughts are with his family.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

This better be a fucking joke.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:08 pm

NO Joke Pwolf... Patrick was a personal friend.. I stayed at his house countless years when I can in early for AWA... He was very proud about his daughter and wife and being a Dad and family man was his top priority.

He will be missed by all his friends and everyone he knew at AWA. His shoes and the stuff he did for AWA VAT will be very hard to fill too...

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I am shocked and saddened by this sudden and tragic news. Quu was one of the founders of this site. Without him, there would be no AnimeMusicVodeos.org. Words cannot express how much gratitude I have towards him through the years. He and his influence will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to his family through this extremely difficult time.

Patrick, I miss you, my friend...

Phade.

Return to “General Discussion”