New Sailor Moon Anime

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: New Sailor Moon Anime

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 am

The simulcast of the new series has already been confirmed, though I don't know through which means.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Uzumakiclan45 wrote:Notice anything in common? All these franchises are nine or more years of age, or "old", as you call them, have an immense fanbase, and have little to no signs of aging or slowing down. Now, please, word your thoughts carefully before you try to dismiss something.
wth...
I don't even want to debate about that. The list you got here is pretty useless and makes no sense to me ( i think putting animes from before and after 1995 is a bit weird, but i'm more shocked to see '90 and 2000 animes together.... because yeah 2000 anime are not old 9gits sqc is from 2002 for example and it terms of animatiom is not old at all...)

And i was just saying that, sailor moon was something good, and it should stay as it was. By adding more stuff to that franchise (and something that old) could make it worse or useless ( lol dragon ball kai ...). But it's just my opinion. But if it was a movie it would have been a different matter

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 am

Voices have it's going to be a 52 eps series that's a close adaptation of the manga, unlike the old series which were fillers from hell palace.
What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
Kain-x-spirits wrote:dragon ball kai
Oh.
Well, then, what if─ NO.
Alright, okay. I see. I get it.

:roll:

Honestly? I think this has equal potential to turn out good or bad. It's hard to actually state anything beforehand. We actually will have to watch it and then say; can't take the aprioristic route. As a fan of the show I am rightfully excited and worried at the same time.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am

Look on the bright side - however it turns out, there will be probably be really pretty AMV footage for Moonies to use :P

I'm optimistic, myself.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Uzumakiclan45 wrote:Though, on the other hand, I do wish Toei would decide to bring the last two seasons of the original Sailor Moon to the U.S. before going through with this new series, or at least do a simulcast of the new series.
I hope when you say seasons you're referring to the Stars series and not both Stars and SuperS, as technically, SuperS was brought to the states, just in the same bastardization that the rest of the Sailor Moon got.... (well, ok, there were uncut dvds, but still...)
Otohiko wrote:Look on the bright side - however it turns out, there will be probably be really pretty AMV footage for Moonies to use :P

I'm optimistic, myself.
This, SO MUCH THIS! I have so many ideas and I would like to have updated footage for that is hopefully consistent across all story lines. Nothing I hate more then seeing the quality difference between the different series. Same can be said for Ippo, I have ideas for followup stories to previous videos I've done but I don't want to go back and use source from the original when I started using the newer source....
ImageImageImageImage

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:17 pm

They're bringing sexy back....
Spoiler :
YEAH!
These yaoi boys won't know how to act....
Spoiler :
YEAH!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 am

So is this basically a reboot? A retelling of the manga? Or some new content?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Retelling of the manga.

Return to “General Anime”