The Lip Flapper : Volume 25 - MimS

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 25 - MimS

Post by MimS » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:27 pm

[key]Scarlet wrote:I rather hate quick comments like "OMG you used 67 animes you must be a god", like happened in Nostromo's latest video.
This kind of comment is funny to me... well, you know, basically, fanboys :awesome:

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Also, I wish the amv annoucements section was more... well, y'know, right now there are quickening and project org vids so it's quite different but damn, there's no real op anymore. People say « great », « ok », « bad » and that's all. No more developed op like I could read long ago.
:up: . Nice read.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:23 pm

MimS wrote:Back then, I remember editors received looooooong reviews on their AMVs, people pointed anything they could see and/or feel watching it, good or bad, there was passion.
Think I'm going to have to call bull shit on this. I'm tired of people using this as a reason why things are "worse then they were". The amount of long reviews and quick little "likes" or "dislikes" on videos is more or less exactly the same as it always has been. New editors back then didn't get very many replies just like they don't get very many now. There are a small number of people who will leave longer reviews and comment on new editor's threads. It really wasn't all that different.

Back in 2003 when I released the first version of Mitternacht ("Midnight"), my announcement thread had 8 replies. Of those 8 replies, only 3 other people other than myself commented. Not a single comment was long or detailed. 4 months later, when I released the version I will forever be known for, I received 5 replies. Again, no long detailed comments. Euphoria had 19 pages of mostly random conversation and like/dislike comments. Very little detailed analysis of what Jay had made. In 2005 Jay released Waking Hour. 6 pages of "i liked it". Same year, Jihaku, 6 pages of short comments, again, no detailed analysis of the video. In 2006 I released my AWA Pro video for that year. 3 pages of short comments. 2008, Nostromo's Auriga: 11 pages of, again, short comments and discussions about frame rate.

I could keep going but I'd be here researching old video announcement threads all day and find the same thing. The majority of comments are short and not very detailed. There was no more "passion" then as there is today. If anything, the passion we see from people today is mistaken for drama and elitism.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 pm

I was going to write up some big post for the next time this sorta line of conversation came up, but I think Pwolf really hit the nail on the head - especially with the last bit.

Everyone's constantly talking out of both sides of their mouths with this. You can't ask for more involvement and then shit on everyone for being all srs bsnss about it or being "elitist assholes." Being involved requires being serious some times, and just because people want to have an academic discussion doesn't mean something is magically not fun any more.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Being involved requires being serious some times.
I disagree with this.
I think you can be non-seriously involved.
or seriously uninvolved.

sometimes I even revolve non-seriously.
Seriousness, or non-serious involvement revolves around involvement not the seriousness of the revolving involvement, seriously.

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:03 am

"Empty flash" xD
And that pic is from my track \o/ (?)

Good read, and i hope will understant a little more what really is amv-france

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:13 am

Pwolf wrote:I could keep going but I'd be here researching old video announcement threads all day and find the same thing. The majority of comments are short and not very detailed. There was no more "passion" then as there is today. If anything, the passion we see from people today is mistaken for drama and elitism.
Well said.

*slow clap*

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:39 am

Lol

If it happens people gave short ops since the beginning on org, it wasn't the same case at all in French community back then and if you read CORRECTLY the interview, I did mention ONLY French editors who got me motivated. When I mentioned Koop, it was more for the fact that his vids showed how much people were close in the community more than else...
So basically :
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=4587
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=4947
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=5840
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=4612
http://www.amv-france.com/amvdefans/For ... php?t=5884 even for Auriga, there were interesting comments (Nostro's post itself was interesting actually)
For examples...

Here you go TJ, slow clap!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:54 am

MimS wrote: if you read CORRECTLY the interview
CodeZTM wrote:
Q: Anything in general that you think could improve a-m-v.org?
Also, I wish the amv annoucements section was more... well, y'know, right now there are quickening and project org vids so it's quite different but damn, there's no real op anymore. People say « great », « ok », « bad » and that's all. No more developed op like I could read long ago.
If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about the org in this statement which makes the previous quote I commented on somewhat relevant. That said, the post wasn't meant to single your comment out but to make a general statement about where the conversation had been leaning towards based on what you had said in the interview.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:06 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:Well said.

*slow clap*

Return to “General AMV”