how can I make a mask in two different colors ?

Jadeychan_95
Org Profile

how can I make a mask in two different colors ?

Post by Jadeychan_95 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am

Hii there!
i got a question in making an effect like this at 0:44 where that girl (Kirino) is
in two different colors ? ( orange and white) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9si0B97nE
Im sorry i don't know how I should i call this effect but i hope you know what i mean.
Well I think it's a mask (obviously) although I know it can be used as picture as well.
anyways I'm using these programs : Sony Vegas ,Adobe After effects and Adobe Photoshop ...and I'd really like to know how I can make something like this. I would be really happy if someone would show me this in a tutorial
thank you!

~ Jadeychan_95
my Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/95mewmew
yeah i'm not popuar so you probably don't know me :3
:D haha sorry I hope i'm not too confusing but I'm really bad at explaining...
cheers!

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Re: how can I make a mask in two different colors ?

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

Hey there, welcome to the .org :D

This effect seems actually rather easy to make, though will require some work.

First, you need to mask each part of the character you want to appear alone. (face, legs, body...whatever you want to appear with different color)

Then you simply add a color event (orange picture for example) in a new layer and copy the mask from your footage on that event. Your mask will then appear on the colorevent and you have for example an orange leg. (once you removed the actual scene)

I don't think I'm good at explaining such things, but I hope you understood anyway.

Feel free to ask again if there's something unclear.

Jadeychan_95
Org Profile

Re: how can I make a mask in two different colors ?

Post by Jadeychan_95 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:57 pm

OMG!! thank you so much for the fast reply :D
oh now I got it,no no you explained really well i could understand every word you said.
thanks once again!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”