This Week in AMVs Stream/Podcast Schedule & Discussion

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: This Week in AMVs Stream/Podcast Schedule & Discussion

Post by ngsilver » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 am

It wouldn't be TWIAMVs if there weren't some tech difficulties. Here are the last 4 releases of the podcast. This past Topic Tuesday's Topic is an interesting one. Give it a watch and let me know you're thoughts on the dilemma brought forth in the video.

Music Video Roundup - 6/2/2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 6-4-2012
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 5-30-2012
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 5-29-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 5-28-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:47 pm

It has been a while since my last update here. Quite a few things have been happening since then. First off, in order to better keep track of episodes both new and old as well as allow for those who would like to use RSS feeds and what not so they can view episodes on their mobile devices I've rebuilt the twiamvs website from the ground up. At this time all previous twiamvs content has been added to the site with the exception of the audio podcasts (they are scheduled to be added next) and past livestreams (those that are still available on livestream will be added after the audio podcasts.) What this means is that there is now a central location in order to keep track of TWIAMVs content. I plan to continue to update this thread each week with previous videos, however the most up-to-date listing will be on the new website: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com

As part of this new overhaul, I've started doing two weekly columns along with the podcasts and livestreams. These are Retro Thursdays and Spotlight Fridays. On Retro Thursdays I will post older videos, generally predating 2005, that I feel everyone should see at some point in time. On Spotlight Fridays I will spotlight a video more recent then 2005 but premiered before 2012, essentially videos that wont be showcased during other podcasts but I feel the need to draw attention to. These columns will come out on their respected days.

I am looking for anyone who would want to post columns or discussions and topics of their own related to AMVs and other fan created video works. I've noticed a rash of such discussions here on the org in the past few weeks and this is the kind of things I would like to see, both here and on the site. The hope is that such topics and posts can help breath life (both new and old) into the community.

Either way, I hope ya'll will continue to join me in the fellowship of watching and enjoying videos. In the end that's really what TWIAMVs is actually all about, enjoying these works together!

Tonight's livestream of recent video releases will begin on time at 8pm EDT (about 1:20:00 from this posting.) Feel free to join in at our website: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/this-week-i ... ivestream/ or via the livestream channel: http://www.livestream.com/thisweekinamvs . You can keep up-to-date with which videos are being shown by joining the IRC channel on SynIRC (same server as #amv) at #twiamvs

New additions since last update:

TWIAMVs - Retro Thursday - Aluminum Studios - Hey 3rd, Nice Shot
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 7-3-2012
TWIAMVs - Video Spotlight - pacotacoshell – The Sailor’s Cure To The Nostalgic Magical Girl
TWIAMVs - Watch Wednesday - 6-13-2012
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 6-12-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 6-11-2012
Music Video Roundup - 6/16/2012
Music Video Roundup - 6/9/2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Here are this week's updates. I am sorry about last week's livestream. Due to the internet outage during the stream there was a problem with the saving of the stream. Basically livestream lost the recording. I have a copy on my PC that I've tried multiple times to put up but so far I've had no luck getting it back up online. I hope to have it up for viewing after the fact soon though.

Music Video Roundup - 7/14/2012
TWIAMVs - Featured Friday – I’ve Had My Coffee Now And Now I Feel Great
TWIAMVs - Retro Video Thursday – Doki Doki Productions – Senshi on Springer
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 7-11-2012
TWIAMVs - Review Monday - 7-9-2012
ImageImageImageImage

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:38 pm

"If the file name had Sailor Moon in it I would download it in a heart beat."
I see what you did there... :uhoh:

Word has it that someone showed the video to Weird Al and he laughed his ass off. :P
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:27 pm

This past week's roundup has been the shortest out of all the ones so far this summer. It could be due in part to the fact that both Project OrgEditor and The Quickening are coming to an end, or just a normal drop off of new releases due to the end of summer vacation approaching. Who knows. Either way, here are the updates from this past week.

Music Video Roundup - 7/21/2012
TWIAMVs - Featured Friday – Magic Oven Mittens
TWIAMVs - Retro Video Thursday – Kevin Caldwell – Goldeneye
TWIAMVs Topic Tuesday – 7-17-2012 – Aspect Ratio
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-16-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

We've got a good set of videos this week for the weekly roundup. The roundup actually will be starting here in little over 1 hour from this posting (8pm EDT.) You can check it out here: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/weekly-musi ... f-7282012/ <- a transcript of all videos shown during the stream can also be found in this post.

Also, for those of you wondering, the RSS feeds on the website are active and ready to be used. I'll be looking to get the feeds listed in the iTunes and MS marketplaces as well soon here. There are a number of feeds to choose from, 1 for each video topic, and 1 for all videos. You can get to the feeds at the right hand side of the main page and 'soon' in the footers on the website: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/

As for this week's podcast releases:

Featured Friday – Green Brain Problem
Retro Video Thursday – Brad Bemoss – Banditos
TWIAMVs - Topic Tuesday - 7-24-2012 - Royalty Free Music
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-23-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Opps, after having to pull a double plus on-call last weekend I completely forgot to update the list with last week's releases since the livestream was canceled. So, now that this week's stream has been completed here is this week's updates along with last week's. This week saw the return of Watch Wednesday, something I had been hoping to bring back once I had enough time to do it as it is the most time intensive of the podcasts that I do. Anyway, this past week's livestream was a blast, there are some really good videos on the list this week. You can go check out the stream at anytime here: http://twiamvs.ngsilver.com/weekly-musi ... f-8112012/

Here are the previous week's worth of releases:

Featured Friday – The Heroes of El Hazard
Retro Thursday – BaHaRa – Scatman: The Definitive Biography
Watch Wednesday – 8-8-2012
Topic Tuesday – 8-7-2012 – Maturity of the Community
Review Monday – 8-6-2012
Featured Friday – 8 bit Music Video – Van Halen Right Now
Retro Thursday – Scintilla – The NERV Evening News with Dan Rather
Video Spotlight – The Cyrus Virus
TWIAMVs - Review Monday – 7-30-2012
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:32 am

Alright, twiamvs is starting back up again after the Youmacon hiatus and it's about time I updated ya'll on all of the videos I apparently forgot to do so before:

Review Monday – 9-24-2012
Featured Friday – Yaaku – Evangelion Complex
Retro Thrusday – Daniel Lemberg – Star Hazard
Review Monday – 9-17-2012
Retro Thrusday – Patrick Himes – Ataru’s Excuse
Review Monday – 9-11-2012
Weekly Music Video Round-up for the week of 9/01/2012
Review Monday – 8-28-2012
Featured Friday – Medieval – Loss and Love
Retro Thrusday – Anime Rudeboy – The Hell that is Keitaro’s Life
Video Spotlight – Kagatoamv – Bride of Berserk
Video Spotlight – FoxJones – Snap of Doom
Video Spotlight: Alan Hepner – How Do You Get Your Thing

The first episode this week has also been published at Review Monday – 11-12-2012. And as usual, we will be starting back up the weekly AMV stream on Saturday. You can check it out at http://livestream.com/thisweekinamvs - the stream will begin at 8pm EST (-5 UTC) and since we have quite a bit of videos to catch up on, with the hiatus and all, we'll be streaming a good portion of the night and pick up where we left off next week.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Your friendly 'should be' weekly update of postings. I'm still working on getting the last live stream up for post viewing consumption, but should have it ready to go soon. In the meantime, enjoy the following new updates:

Featured Friday – DDP – Choices
Retro Thursday – Bogosort – Cowboy Bebop Stress
Review Monday – 11-19-2012
Featured Friday – SailorDeath – This AMV is 23324 frames at 24fps long
Retro Thursday – TobinHood – Dust in the Wind (Ballad of Fallen Angels Remastered)
Watch Wednesday – 11-14-2012
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General AMV”