Making and uploading your Avatar

ClaudiusVideo's
Org Profile

Re: Making and uploading your Avatar

Post by ClaudiusVideo's » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Forum > User Control Panel (should be on every page, use Ctrl + F to find it) > Profile > Edit avatar
omg it was that simple and i missed it dang how blind was i. and that other person was no help he never said anything about user control panel.now i got to go put my avatar under 16k 100x100 witch is going to be very hard.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 am

Whew! Had a heck of a time with this!

Does a website that hosts literally terrabytes of video need to limit avatars on the forum to 16kb? I took an avatar I am using literally everywhere else, resized it to 100x100, and saved it as a jpeg at the lowest possible quality and it was 32kb.

After reading this thread, I learned something neat, and that was that gif has some good compression capability, something I did not know beforehand. I assumed jpeg was pretty damned good.

But really? 16kb? It does seem a little "excessive" if that's the right word.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:33 am

Garylisk wrote:Whew! Had a heck of a time with this!

Does a website that hosts literally terrabytes of video need to limit avatars on the forum to 16kb? I took an avatar I am using literally everywhere else, resized it to 100x100, and saved it as a jpeg at the lowest possible quality and it was 32kb.

After reading this thread, I learned something neat, and that was that gif has some good compression capability, something I did not know beforehand. I assumed jpeg was pretty damned good.

100x100 at lowest quality is 32kilobytes? That's kinda weird :<

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Garylisk wrote:Whew! Had a heck of a time with this!

What Nya-chan said: I can't imagine you'd have that much trouble getting a 100x100 avatar to compress to 16K or less with JPEG. If you're talking about the Applejack avatar I currently see, you might try PNG because of all the flat colors.

But I'm a little surprised that, with as long as you've been here and as long as this rule's been in place, you're only now mentioning it. More importantly: you're still alive? What the heck happened to the DDRMAX Project?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”