Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

Post by Enigma » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Otohiko wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have just finished watching the series. Marathoned through the last 2/3 of it which is the most I've watched of ANYTHING in one go over the past 8 or 9 years. Oh my god.

I am going to go to a corner and cry now at the end of the awesomeness I have just witnessed.
;_________________________________________________;
It is ok Oto, I TOLD YOU THIS WAS NORMAL. But such greatness will not come again. I am sorry. -hug-

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Otohiko wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I have just finished watching the series. Marathoned through the last 2/3 of it which is the most I've watched of ANYTHING in one go over the past 8 or 9 years. Oh my god.

I am going to go to a corner and cry now at the end of the awesomeness I have just witnessed.
;_________________________________________________;
I LOL'd

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Does anybody know if the movies are getting licensed ;_____;?My blood needs more Lagann

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Enigma wrote:Does anybody know if the movies are getting licensed ;_____;?My blood needs more Lagann
http://store.bandai-ent.com/category_s/117.htm

Uzumakiclan45
Org Profile

Post by Uzumakiclan45 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:05 am

I watched these two scenes, one from Lagann-Hen, and the other from a series, which Gainax states that they got the inspiration for TTGL from, called Getter Robo, and I was struck by how similar they looked. I wanted to see if I was the only one who noticed these similarities, or if there was something to this claim. (sorry if I accidentally spoil Lagann-Hen for anyone).

Power-up scene in Lagann-Hen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EztAWwvfRao
Power-up scene in Getter Robo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To34rvyClH4

Also, tell me if I'm wrong, but when I rewatched episode seven, and during the first few minutes, as we get a full view of near-naked Simon with his drill covering his manhood, I made an immediate connection between that design of Simon and Chinko Drill, or "Mr. Drill Penis", as I call him, from Dead Leaves. Knowing Gainax's long list of shout-outs to other works, not including anime, do you think that was intentional? If so, then that was probably the most daring reference that Gainax pulled in what is supposed to be a Saturday morning cartoon!

theinfinite
Org Profile

Post by theinfinite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 am

I watched these two scenes, one from Lagann-Hen, and the other from a series, which Gainax states that they got the inspiration for TTGL from, called Getter Robo, and I was struck by how similar they looked. I wanted to see if I was the only one who noticed these similarities, or if there was something to this claim. (sorry if I accidentally spoil Lagann-Hen for anyone).
I noticed some similarities, but well, nothing major. I don't know...
Also, 'Stoner Sunshine', what a funny name.
The closer you get to the light, the bigger your shadow becomes.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”