Fate/Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Fate/Zero

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 am

Eake4 wrote:
Jasta85 wrote: And yes at the time the animation was pretty decent.
AimoAio wrote:I actually thought the animation quality for Fate/Stay Night was pretty decent, considering it's from 2006.
It was decent being from 2006, but its not at the level of Fate/Zero and that'll bring sorrow to our friends.
you think fate/stay night's quality was bad, check out tsukihime. It's another type moon VN that was turned into an anime back in 2003. Only ran 12 eps, pretty bad quality animation (worst one as far as type moon series). I actually saw it before fate/stay night and didn't find out they were at all related until later because there didn't seem anything in common between them. I also had the misfortune to first watch it dubbed (I don't care what people say about how dubbing has gotten better, but back then it was NOT).

the biggest thing is that absolutely none of the characters felt likeable in the anime (imagine a series full of shiro's...ok it wasn't that bad but still). And many of them were just barely introduced and had little to no screen time (shiki's sister for example, and the maid sisters). There was also ZERO MOE'ness from any of the female cast. Hell, it's supposed to be practically a harem series (see phantasm carnival) yet none of the female characters become dere.

rant over, but seriously, if there was a type moon series in need of a makeover, this is it.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:24 pm

yeah, tsukihime was bad all over but im still convinced the Fate series needs the most remake simply because I enjoyed it the most and want to see a better version.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 am

marathoned the whole thing in 2 sittings, glad I waited for all of it to be over. This **** over the original FSN in every conceivable way, better animation (not a big deal as I understand there is a 6 year difference in production) but the story and characters were very fleshed out. Actually the only thing which FSN betters Zero in is Shirou's music theme, but then Zero had an amazing OST which is very similar to Kara no Kyoukai. Sooooooo tempted to buy R2 blurays for it, but yeah overall VERY impressed with this show. I just hated Lancer's fate like everyone else =p Oh and that airship fight, so out of place, I mean where the hell did that come from anyway. I'll be interested to see how this looks when combined with the original FSN in an AMV. Probably will have to use the UTW movie to watch the animation quality.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”