Sword Art Online

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Jasta85 wrote:
AimoAio wrote:
ibabrak wrote:I forgot to mention
Spoiler :
We can probably roll out the option of PvP. After what Kirito said (even if he did it with good will) at least one of those that were present would try to beat him up.. if not many of them.
On another note; The big guy with that axe seemed also pretty sympathetic. Might see more of him or even of that hater with pointy hair.
And yeah, it seems that the do have a health regeneration |:>
True that. But then he also-
Spoiler :
Mentioned he has valuable information that they'll need if they want to clear the game and live. So I imagine people won't be trying to kill him but more like capture him or even join him if it means survival. :P
Spoiler :
I seriously doubt PvP isn't allowed, (honestly I think the story would be a bit boring if the only things they fought were AI controlled stuff). As for why they didn't attack him, well it's because he just said he's really experienced, plus he just got the final blow on the boss getting a bix XP bonus and a rare item. I don't think anyone wants to risk getting killed (especially when death is final) attacking him recklessly.

On the other hand, if PvP isn't allowed right now I have a feeling there will at least be certain zones or areas later on in which players will be fighting against each other, probably at the higher levels before they get to the boss. I just find it hard to believe that they'll be in an MMO where there's no pvp action.
Spoiler :
Those bosses will be insanely difficult to beat especially if you consider that the one they just fought was only level 1 and even then they struggled quite a bit. But I guess it all comes down to the gap in strength between each level's boss. It could just be a small increment, but it could also be quite a huge one. :\ And didn't they mention somewhere in episode 1 that the EXP they could gain was limited in this world? It'll make sense later then if they did pvp for experience (and items), that is if pvp gives experience. Or else there isn't much point in it. But yeah no pvp is kinda boring.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 pm

ASUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
When her cape vanished, my body was ready. -dies- That was an awesome episode!
Spoiler :
But I just don't get why Diabel didn't take the damn health potion..... :nose:

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Post by RAWdangers » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Ahhh as someone who has read the Light novel of this, its so funny to see you guys posting theories on subjects such as real time passing or pvp xD :rofl:
I'm thoroughly enjoying the animation although there are some plot points i dont like, but oh well.

Since I dont want to post any major spoilers here, if anyone wants a link to the translated novel, just pm me xD it explains things much better than the anime.
:bear:

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:02 am

That was fun. Watchin.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

THAT...WAS...AMAZING. I feel like my eyes just got laid. 'twas like a movie. Plot was fully formed to explain everything in one nice little package. I like the tension build up between normies and the beta testees.

I lol'd SOOO HARD when he did that thing at the end. Even if it was a serious moment, I'm gonna do this:
Spoiler :
Equip dramatic cloak! :rofl:
And that battle scene was pure SEX. :dino:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:43 am

I was going to wait and watch this until I finished up a couple other series, but everyone here seems to really like it so I gave in. Dang, this series iss haping up great so far! The animation and battles are quite beautiful. Very interested to see where this goes.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Pretty useless episode, this 3rd was, as well as DBZ prolly had more fights than this, between a "bulk up" episode and the other. Here we barely saw them fighting the random mobs, and then the "boss"... was sort of skipped. Derp. It didn't help that this episode was taken from the second novel, which is made of side stories that happen inbetween the events of the first novel.
Let's see how it'll play out the next episodes. I just hope it'll go for an anime exclusive ending of sort, btw. Or at least stop at the "good" point.
So far it's pretty low in my enjoyment list of the season, though I'm not following too many shows to begin with. It's not bad, just that so far it's been mostly boring and... useless. The most enjoyable thing was the boss battle in ep 2 which wasn't that great to begin with.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:51 pm

wtf happened with this ep, it was so random. Ep 2 they just cleared floor 1 after 6 months. Then at the beginning of ep 3 they're reading in the paper of groups clearing floor 28. Oh, and then halfway through the ep he's suddenly at floor 49. How many months/years have passed? or did all the floors suddenly get really easy to pass? This is like watching lord of the rings where all you see of the first movie is a 30 second flashback. damn this whole ep pissed me off, see spoiler for rants heh
Spoiler :
The conversations all just pissed me off. First the black cat guild guy saying that they're going to win because of their willpower and because they're friends (so much for that lol). Then the girl crying and asking why they had to die (htf is he supposed to know). And then they all die. Seriously, how did that contribute to the plot in any way where you introduce a bunch of characters and kill them off 5 minutes later. And what was he doing in an area with level 20's when he was level 48, he should have been pushing the top floors with the rest of the vanguard groups.

So then Kirito dedicates however many months of leveling with the sole goal of rezzing all his short term friends (he knew them all of...what, 1 or 2 days?) and in the process abandons klein (a guy who's actually trying to help him) to get ganked so he can find an item that probably wont work on the guys who are already dead. then he goes all emo and then gets better after getting a love letter.
Basically, absolutely nothing plotworthy happened other than a HUGE time-jump forward. And aside from Kirito all the other people who looked like they were going to be main characters have had less screen time than the people who are getting killed off. I really hope they do a 180 and get back on track cause this one ep just made this series drop from near the top of my list of series this season to somewhere below center mass.

edit: ok, just noticed the date that they had in the ep, 1 year has passed since ep 2, and they cleared 49+ floors during that time. What happened to balanced leveling progression? oh, and the PvP question has been answered, guess it's open world pvp, no restrictions

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 am

Yeah looks like pvp has no restrictions.
That time skip pissed me off as well. I didn't get to see Asuna and I wonder if they even met in that 11 months.
Jasta85 wrote:Ep 2 they just cleared floor 1 after 6 months
Actually I think it was cleared after 1 month.
With this big of a time skip I hope for one thing and one thing only... When they get to level 100 it could be like "Congrats, you cleared the easy round. You have 200 floors left"
I was like WUUUUT when he agreed to join the guild. I actually wonder how he maneges to level so fast even after he joined withnout them noticing.. He might have been exping at night since he was secretly going out at night.. you know the suicide scene with Sachi.
This episode wasn't all that strong but I guess it at least played the role of getting Kirito more depressed witch isn't really a bad thing since that's some character development.
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 am

I'll say it again, since you might have missed it in my post. This episode came from the second novel, which is made of side story chapters that chronologically take place during the first novel, in which there is an actual story progression.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”