SMASH! 2012 AMV Competition - Winners Announced! (1st Page)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! 2012 AMV Competition - Winners Announced!

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 pm

First place loser again, I need to step up my game D:

Congats to the winners!
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Renato
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! 2012 AMV Competition

Post by Renato » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Eake4 wrote: Also apparently no Australian editors won anything major :cry:
It was quite sad yes, but when me and the others judged the AMVs, we had to do it fair and square without trying to make any thought of home bias in our minds. Don't get me wrong though! I think this year's Australian entrants were better than last year and we showed more home talent at our screenings this year! Editor Stephen Macfarlane was a mass improvement from last year, as well as having a lot of new and quality entrants like you Eake :mrgreen: Myself and MariaChrystal had some people approach us at the event and telling us how these entrants make these quality works and wondering if they can make one for next year. And also what I heard from one person that there was a good crowd for the panel, so I'm optimistic we'll get more Aussie editors coming in winning next year :up:

And if there was one thing that came out of it for me, it was that I want to go back to active AMV making again ^_^ :up:

Anyways, let me say to you all that this was the hardest year of judging that I have experienced ever. There were so many great AMVs to deal with that myself, the co-ordinator and other judges had numerous arguments with each other and we always did our best to try and persuade the other in making this AMV the winner. But in the end, we placed our scores and it came to that.

Choosing what was to be shown at screenings was even harder! Because there were so many entries to fit in two slots totalling 1 hour and 30 minutes (excluding finals), we wanted to show a good mix of great entries from overseas, as well as local talent. I had more time earlier, but thanks to other 'important' event run by other people of the con, that's the time I had left >_>
btw m3andchip5, where were you lol?
I wish I had time to meet you! If you saw all the emails I sent before, I was the Assistant Programming Director (one rank above the AMV Co-ordinator spot), and because of my job, I had to look after a lot of other events, and I missed out ALL the AMV events, which made me sad :( Not sure if this was right since I was hearing from people but if you saw a guy presenting at finals or the other screenings, then that person, Nathan, was the AMV co-ordinator this year. I was the AMV Co-ordinator the last two years and whenever the AMV Co-ordinator was busy (due to personal or other commitments), then I stepped in to help.

Also, if anyone was at finals screenings, I totally apologise for the simplicity of the finals clips and their introductions. Because of my role, I had WAY limited time to make the introductions look great and properly, and I had to rush things... >_>

Anyways, thats enough from me, and I would like to congratulate all the winners and runner-ups! An email will be sent to you regarding prizes a later on (I need to recover from my 56 hour awake marathon >_>) so look forward to it!

Winners, Runner-ups and screenings information will be shown on the first post folks so be sure to check it out!

*goes to sleep more after being awake for 56 hours*

MariaChrystal
SMASH! AMV Coordinator
Org Profile

Re: SMASH! 2012 AMV Competition - Winners Announced! (1st Pa

Post by MariaChrystal » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:54 am

Oh wow!
Here's a special treat! Not everyday the SMASH! AMV competition gets its own article... this is a first! O.O

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2012 ... mv-finals/

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:35 pm

really cool article !

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see how the medal looks :shock: |:>

Congrats to the winners!

steve2710
Org Profile

Post by steve2710 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 am

Only just saw this O.o I was so happy to get runner up for dance/upbeat |:> really enjoyed watching the other amvs at the finals =D Hopefully we'll get more Australian winners next year =D

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:43 pm

*still tired from epic Japan trip and goes back to his land of slow trains >_>*

Hey folks, I'm back. =3

Anyways, straight to the point, some of the winners and runner-ups have not replied to my email regarding their prizes and mailing them. If you haven't replied back to me with your mailing address, please let me know via PM here or through my SMASH! address on renato.gaylican@smash.org.au! If you have replied to me already, then no need to send me a message. =3

*Goes back to sleep to recover from trip*

Ryvannis
Org Profile

Post by Ryvannis » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Got my prize in the mail, and my is it amazing. Spectacular job, and the medal is simply awesome.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 am

Must win next year. Hmph (Hero Stance)
m3andchip5 wrote:*goes back to his land of slow trains >_>*
Dam cityrail, if only they had half the speed of a bullet train.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:23 am

Ryvannis wrote:Got my prize in the mail, and my is it amazing. Spectacular job, and the medal is simply awesome.
Mannnnnn.....mine needs to come in sooner. T___T I need to see it!

Return to “AMV Contests”