I want to make a Back to the Future Dub Trailer

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Uzumakiclan45
Org Profile

I want to make a Back to the Future Dub Trailer

Post by Uzumakiclan45 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 am

I know I'm new here, but I've been making video game and anime music videos for quite some time. My ultimate goal was to do a dub trailer, but I kept going back and forth on what movie and/or anime I was going to use, and if I was going to use the footage of a movie with the dub audio from an anime, or audio from a movie on an anime. After rewatching the Back To The Future trilogy, I decided that my dub trailer project was going to use audio from the entire BTTF trilogy (and maybe some from the Telltale games) set to an anime series. But I'm currently stuck on what anime series or movie, mainstream or not, would perfectly sync up to the audio and themes of Back To The Future. So, I am asking everyone if they have any suggestions for an anime series that could perfectly match up with the Robert Zemeckis classic. And provide video (for the anime) and audio (for BTTF) footage that isn't regulated to DiVX, because I use Windows Movie Maker, and for the last two music videos that I made, I had to get the videos from Youtube, which apparently uses DiVx. And DiVX and Windows products go together like oil and vinegar.

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Re: I want to make a Back to the Future Dub Trailer

Post by Zanzaben » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I am going to focus on shows where you can get a really good pair of Dr.Brown and Marty so here is my list

Bleach: Dr. Brown = Kisuke, Marty = Ichigo
Code geass: Dr. Brown = Lloyd, Marty = Suzaku
Mirai Nikki: Dr.Brown = Dues, Marty = Yuki, this one is kinda out there but it's an anime about the future so it came to mind
Nichijou: Dr.Brown = Hakase, Marty = Nano, you would have to do some gender bending but I have seen several pics and video's comparing Hakase and Brown so it could be really funny.
Soul Eater: Dr.Brown = Stein, Marty = Black Star

It depends a lot on which movie trailer you plan to use the most because of how different the settings of the 3 are from modern, to future, to western. I think that Code Geass would be the best at trying to get scenery for all 3 settings though if that is what you plan to do.
Spoiler :
Part 1: focus on the start of the series when they are still mainly in school in Japan
Part 2: focus on the end of second season when they use the mecha a lot and are on the Damocles
Part 3: focus on the middle of second season when they spend a lot of time in china, this is by far the most difficult to pull off
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Uzumakiclan45
Org Profile

Post by Uzumakiclan45 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:46 am

I was thinking a cross-trilogy dub trailer, actually. But that raises some more questions: If I choose the Geass path, what other anime would make a good "alternate timeline" to Geass? My original idea was to use a Gainax anime for the footage, since that would have taken care of the "alternate reality" problem, because lots of Gainax anime, according to the fans, have similarities with each other (i.e. Simon's rebirth in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann being compared to Naota's outright rejecting Mamimi's affection and becoming independent and self-confident while trying to save her in Fooly Cooly, but I was stuck on what character to use. And although we have characters for Doc and Marty, I still need characters for Biff's family (1955, 2015, 1985-A!, Griff, and Buford Tannen, as well as his various gang members), the McFly family (George (1955, 1985 (Loser and Successful), and 2015, Lorraine (1955, 2015, 1985 (Loser, Successful, and -A)), Seamus and Maggie, Marty Jr., Marty's daughter), Jennifer (1985 and 2015), the Strickland family (Principal and Marshall), Needles, and Clara. Sorry, I know it's much, but I wanted to do an all-out trailer combining all three films.

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm

HMMM, I was afraid of that. So the best way I can think of successfully doing this is with some heavy duty masking. By that I mean you should pick the best pair you can think of for Dr. Brown and Marty, then pick 4 series as the setting for 1955, 1985, 1985-A, and 2015 and try to mask Dr.Brown and Marty into them and then use the characters from those to fill in all the other roles.

In terms of geass there is both the spin-off series and the nunally in wonderland OVA coming out in the near future so those might be able to work as an alternate 1985, will have to wait and see. I think I could get a role for all those characters but I am really curious now what exactly you plan to use as the audio source since you have listed pretty much every single character in the entire trilogy so this has to be more that just a combination of the 3 trailers themselves.

PM sometime on either here or on Skype (same username) because I defiantly think this is a really cool idea that should be pursued
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Return to “General AMV”