Natsume Yuujinchou

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Natsume Yuujinchou

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:10 pm

AniDB wrote:Natsume Takashi has been able to see yokai since his early days. His grandmother, Reiko, possessed the Yujin-chou, a list of names of yokai sworn to fealty. Ever since Takashi inherited the list, he has been constantly attacked by yokai.

Takashi, however, has decided to return to the yokai their names. Together with his self-proclaimed bodyguard Nyanko, Takashi has met and come to know many yokai.
Image Available on Crunchyroll (Season 5)

ibabrak
Org Profile

Re: Natsume Yuujinchou

Post by ibabrak » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

I know that this show is kind of plain and it doesn't really change but I always enjoyed this one... especially the episodes from Natsume's past that revolve to the present
ImageImage

MiyaDV
Org Profile

Post by MiyaDV » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 am

Where's all the replys about how great this show is? Honestly every season it seems it's ignored yet every episode is amazing. Somehow they manage to conclude storys in one episode / 2 episodes and still be good, the pacing is great for the episodes yet I'm fully satisfied each episode (though the plot stays the same of course over the seasons, but I don't mind since the series is great).

I don't know why the general anime audience don't take to this anime that well, the people who do watch it give it great ratings though. I could watch a hundred of these.
. . . . . .

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm also curious as to why this show's lacking so much in discussion here considering there's like 4 seasons of it out already. :uhoh: I've been meaning to watch this for a while but never got around to it till recently, I'm only onto episode 6 at the moment but I really like it. Madara is one awesome cat. :up:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah, this show needs more love... Well, to be honest I don't really know what to discuss about this one but the shows truly awesome :awesome: I would like to say that it's one of the best slices of life I've ever seen but I'm not sure if it can be considered a slice of life with all the youkai and ayakashi :)
ImageImage

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:02 pm

ibabrak wrote:Yeah, this show needs more love... Well, to be honest I don't really know what to discuss about this one but the shows truly awesome :awesome: I would like to say that it's one of the best slices of life I've ever seen but I'm not sure if it can be considered a slice of life with all the youkai and ayakashi :)
Haha yeah that's what I thought too. It almost feels like the slice of life part is just an extra to complement the youkai main. Anyway I just finished season 1. |:> Didn't really expect the last episode to end like that, I totally thought Natori would be up to something regarding the fox spirit but maybe I was overthinking things. Or maybe he's saving it for S2. XD

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 am

AimoAio wrote: Haha yeah that's what I thought too. It almost feels like the slice of life part is just an extra to complement the youkai main.
Yeah the youkai plot is indeed the main but I probably watch it because it's just too awesome... Guy that was bullied and ignored in the past is trying not to cause trouble for his foster perents that are really nice to him and he also tries to not let people around him know what he sees. :)
It's pure awesomeness
ImageImage

MiyaDV
Org Profile

Post by MiyaDV » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:01 am

Can't wait for next season, I'm always sad when they end I think I love this show most because of how it potrays Japanese mythology's, I ended up searching for more shows like it, but couldn't find anything just like it but some pretty close. I wish there were more animes about Japanese mythology now lol The director of this did a movie btw that was really good, it's basically just like this except natsume is a girl this time and it's just a movie if you guys wanna check that out lol
. . . . . .

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”