Arcana Famiglia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Arcana Famiglia

Postby mirkosp » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm

ANN wrote:The story follows Arcana Famiglia, a self-appointed organization with mysterious powers that has protected a small Mediterranean island from pirates, foreign countries, and other threats. The only daughter of the family's Papa, Felicita, will be married to the next head of the family in two months — and the successor will be decided in a competition that Felicita herself will take part in.
mirkosp
MODkip

Arcana Famiglia

Postby TEKnician » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm

I liked episode 1. At least there ARE other women in here. Good cliffhanger leaving the 2 unidentified powers.

I love her kicks. Muay Thai FTW!!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.
TEKnician

Re: Arcana Famiglia

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am

this seems like it will be a good show, a bit odd with the mafia style characters, feels like a cross between kyoushi hitman reborn and Kuroshitsuji. There are a surprising number of interesting shows this season
Jasta85

Postby TEKnician » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am

This is sadly getting RAZED by ANN critics. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview-guide/2012/the-summer-anime/

just thought i'd share that...
TEKnician

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 am

meh, I usually just browse the critics reviews to get a general feel of the attitude towards new series, but I don't throw out a series just because they don't like it. Heck I remember a number of critics gave To aru no majutsu lukewarm reviews when it first came out. ended up being great and spawning 2 more series. They're just additional opinions

now on the flip side, this first ep wasn't exactly the most amazing thing I've ever seen. They characters are pretty stereotypical (make that very stereotypical) and the plot and powers they have arn't exactly original either but still, it looks like a show i'll enjoy so who cares what the critics say.
Jasta85

Postby ibabrak » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:56 am

Yeah, I never bother with critique from other sites. I usually either just check the first ep or two or just see what's written here and if you people aren't like "BLEH, how could they even make it into manga.. this is just terrible" then I'll also watch the 1st ep :)
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 am

Watched the first episode. It feels like a typical shounen, but that doesn't bother me much since I love shounens. :P
I don't see anything wrong about this anime other than the three main characters looking like Team 7 from Naruto.
pacotacoshell

Postby Eake4 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:16 am

Hoping for another baccano
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:06 am

ep 2, white kittens and zero plot progression. Come on, prove the critics wrong, or at least give us some more fighting.
Jasta85

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:10 am

Agreed. Literally nothing happened that was of any importance to the plot in this episode.
pacotacoshell

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 am

I don't usually pay any heed to the critics, most of them don't know what they're talking about. That said, I wasn't really all that impressed with the first episode. I do like the premise, but I'm curious to see how it will develop. Will watch a few more eps maybe.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby AimoAio » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Ep2:
Spoiler :
Poor Luca. XD

I'm quite liking this so far but like the others I'm also hoping there'll be more fighting in this. Or at least show them doing some sort of training for the upcoming battle.

Still I like the setting and it reminds me of Reborn (which I love) with the family/mafia thing so I'll most likely continue following this. :3
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby TEKnician » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Okay, you got the cat episode out of the way...that's good. Now we can get back to the REAL story, right?

I swear, if you show a beach episode, I'm gonna punch someone.
TEKnician

Postby Eake4 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 pm

TEKnician wrote:Okay, you got the cat episode out of the way...that's good. Now we can get back to the REAL story, right?

I agree should follow the tournament and then have characters owning each other showing that the intense training they did in the background was of use.

TEKnician wrote:I swear, if you show a beach episode, I'm gonna punch someone.

OH WAIT WAIT WAIT, we NEEEEED a beach ep, just not now it should happen eventually though
Eake4
Australian Zeus

Postby Jasta85 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Eake4 wrote:
TEKnician wrote:Okay, you got the cat episode out of the way...that's good. Now we can get back to the REAL story, right?

I agree should follow the tournament and then have characters owning each other showing that the intense training they did in the background was of use.

TEKnician wrote:I swear, if you show a beach episode, I'm gonna punch someone.

OH WAIT WAIT WAIT, we NEEEEED a beach ep, just not now it should happen eventually though

only 2 women in this series (mother and daughter at that). Not enough fanservice for a beach ep (unless it's targeting a female audience that is)
Jasta85

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion