Hakuouki: Reimei-roku

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Hakuouki: Reimei-roku

Post by mirkosp » Thu May 06, 2010 3:47 pm

ANN wrote:Based on Idea Factory's romance adventure game: Yukimura Chizuru has come to Kyoto looking for her father, a doctor who has gone missing. While there, she witnesses a fight between an Oni and the Shinsengumi. Taking her into custody, the Shinsengumi debates on what to do with Chizuru when they discover that she is the daughter of the doctor they are also looking for. The Shinsengumi then takes Chizuru along on their search after the missing doctor, from adventures to adventures.
Guys look too fabulous, I fear yaoi content... :uhoh:

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu May 06, 2010 4:07 pm

*raises hand* I'm watching this one.
Originally I wasn't interested, but after episode 1 I thought it was alright. A little weird with the fact that their surprise to (le gasp*) find out she was a WOMAN was seriously overdramatic. They could have made her manlier-looking, just saying.
Also, one episode with a minute-long swordfight with her and another guy, and she doesn't use the sword since? She tends to the wounded on the battlefront? Really? ._.

Other than those nitpicks, its pretty good. Alright villains, cool good guys, a nice opening and ending song and the main guy's not bad to look at either. *O* xD

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri May 07, 2010 11:38 am

Had my eye on this one. I'll watch episode one later
Image Image

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri May 07, 2010 12:18 pm

edit: aaaaalright. Well, I'm glad all the guys look as good as they do in the game (especially Saitou, yeh.) But yeah, I wish that it wasn't so obvious she was a girl. She coulda worn different colors and she would have looked at least a little more masculine. That was disappointing, but ah well. But I can't believe it. I saw this episode a month ago on youtube, except I had skimmed through it, so I didn't see anyone recognizable. There must be at least 3 episodes out by now.
Image Image

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Sat May 08, 2010 4:43 pm

>Studio Deen

I pass.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Post by ultimateX021 » Sat May 08, 2010 6:25 pm

I will consider this one a maybe! I'll go check it out later.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm

I am starting to dislike quite a bit of aspects of this show, specificall the dialogue. Maybe it was just episode 7, but hooooly... o_e

"Let's be friends! After all, we're both girls."
So girls can't be friends with guys?

"Is my disguise that horrible?"
YES. You even TALK in a girly voice, what the heck woman! D:<

"I'm going to shoot you dead!"
"Oh yeah? Try a taste of my deadly spear!"
*fight ensues, ending with the spear to one guy's head and the gun pointed at the other's head*
"... Why don't you shoot?"
"What, and make a bang so that everyone can hear it and come running over here? I think not."
Perfect time for spear-man to totally own Shiranui's face. But again, the pacing in this anime sucks, so nothing happens.

"I think he should stay back. He's got a bad cold."
"No really, I'm fine, *coughs up blood*"
"That must be a really bad cold.."
*smacks forehead* The obvious cause rating is off the charts for his reason to cough up blood. -_-

And eeeeverytime Chizuru wants to bring out her sword, it never happens. What. The. Crap. (Well, either she brings it out and wants to do something with it, but she ends up not doing that exact thing because she's either too much of a wimp or the guys don't want her doing such dangerous things. Because that's completely why they did a bit of sword-training with her. o_-)

The only thing that is keeping me entertained with the show is some of the guy's personalities, and the plot (as typical as it may be, its not bad.) I hate the girl with a passion because she acts very cliche and her oblivious mind annoys me. The head of the Shinsengumi is alright, and I like Shiranui: I could care less about the other villains. xD

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Tue May 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Ishbalan wrote:>Studio Deen

I pass.
x2 :sweat:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile