Arcana Famiglia

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Arcana Famiglia

Post by mirkosp » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm

ANN wrote:The story follows Arcana Famiglia, a self-appointed organization with mysterious powers that has protected a small Mediterranean island from pirates, foreign countries, and other threats. The only daughter of the family's Papa, Felicita, will be married to the next head of the family in two months — and the successor will be decided in a competition that Felicita herself will take part in.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Arcana Famiglia

Post by TEKnician » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:33 pm

I liked episode 1. At least there ARE other women in here. Good cliffhanger leaving the 2 unidentified powers.

I love her kicks. Muay Thai FTW!!
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Arcana Famiglia

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:21 am

this seems like it will be a good show, a bit odd with the mafia style characters, feels like a cross between kyoushi hitman reborn and Kuroshitsuji. There are a surprising number of interesting shows this season

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am

This is sadly getting RAZED by ANN critics. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/preview ... mer-anime/

just thought i'd share that...
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 am

meh, I usually just browse the critics reviews to get a general feel of the attitude towards new series, but I don't throw out a series just because they don't like it. Heck I remember a number of critics gave To aru no majutsu lukewarm reviews when it first came out. ended up being great and spawning 2 more series. They're just additional opinions

now on the flip side, this first ep wasn't exactly the most amazing thing I've ever seen. They characters are pretty stereotypical (make that very stereotypical) and the plot and powers they have arn't exactly original either but still, it looks like a show i'll enjoy so who cares what the critics say.

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:56 am

Yeah, I never bother with critique from other sites. I usually either just check the first ep or two or just see what's written here and if you people aren't like "BLEH, how could they even make it into manga.. this is just terrible" then I'll also watch the 1st ep :)
ImageImage

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:41 am

Watched the first episode. It feels like a typical shounen, but that doesn't bother me much since I love shounens. :P
I don't see anything wrong about this anime other than the three main characters looking like Team 7 from Naruto.

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:16 am

Hoping for another baccano

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:06 am

ep 2, white kittens and zero plot progression. Come on, prove the critics wrong, or at least give us some more fighting.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:10 am

Agreed. Literally nothing happened that was of any importance to the plot in this episode.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”