New Sailor Moon Anime

This forum is for the general discussion of Anime.

New Sailor Moon Anime

Postby mirkosp » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:05 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-07-06/sailor-moon-manga-gets-new-anime-in-summer-2013

Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime series is aimed for release next summer, and the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Kodansha and Takeuchi made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

Update: More background information added. Although Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, the voices of Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino and Tuxedo Mask/Mamoru Chiba in the first Sailor Moon anime, were present at the live event, the event did not specify that they will reprise their roles in the new series. The event also did not specify which song Momoiro Clover Z will perform as a theme song of the new anime.

Update 2: Kodansha editor Fumio Osano confirmed that the new anime project is not a film project.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Still a bit shocked, didn't expect this to happen. Definitely awesome tho! :awesome:
mirkosp
MODkip

Re: New Sailor Moon Anime

Postby pacotacoshell » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am

Yeah I just read this a few hours ago too!

SO DANG INTENSE! :ying:
pacotacoshell

Postby ngsilver » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:36 am

Saw the announcement in my twitter feed while waiting on my lunch to cook...

I am currently resisting the urge to jump around work squealing like a little girl screaming yesyesyeysyesyesyeyseysyeyseyesyeyeyesyseyseyesyes at the top of my lungs :rd: :twi:

I'm not doing a very good job...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby irriadin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:37 am

...interesting :up:
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby Otohiko » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:15 pm

ngsilver wrote:I am currently resisting the urge to jump around work squealing like a little girl screaming yesyesyeysyesyesyeyseysyeyseyesyeyeyesyseyseyesyes at the top of my lungs :rd: :twi:

I'm not doing a very good job...

This :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz: :bzz:
Otohiko

Postby Jasta85 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:07 pm

well, we needed some new transformation scenes anyway, not like we don't have enough of them in AMV's already ;p

I think i'll actually check this out, hopefully they modernize it nicely enough to stand up to the current generation of mahou shojo series.
Jasta85

Postby Chained(E)Studio » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 am

Weeeeeee, giddy ='3
Time to dust out the sailor moon costume and get ready for some fighting evil!
Chained(E)Studio

Postby NYCarrieW » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Sailor moon is one of the first anime I've ever watched
I'm a bit shocked since they are coming out with a new adaptation, looking forward to it haha xD
NYCarrieW

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:48 pm

old stuff should stay old
Kain-x-spirits

Postby Uzumakiclan45 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote:old stuff should stay old

Let me give you some numbers:
Gundam: 33 years old
Transformers: (1984)-28 years old
Dragonball: (1986)-26 years old
The Simpsons: (1987)-25 years old
Yu-Yu Hakusho: (1990)-22 years old
Batman: The Animated Series: (1992)-20 years old
Sailor Moon: (1992)-20 years old
Neon Genesis Evangelion: (1995)-17 years old
Detective Conan: (1996)- 16 years old
Pokemon: (1996)-16 years old
Yu-Gi-Oh!: (1996)-16 years old
One Piece: (1997)-15 years old
Cardcaptor Sakura: (1998)-14 years old
Naruto: (1999)-13 years old
FLCL: (1999)-13 years old
Family Guy: (1999)-13 years old
Futurama: (1999)-13 years old
Bleach: (2001)-11 years old
Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga): (2001)- 11years old
Inuyasha: (2002)-10 years old
Fullmetal Alchemist (first anime): (2003)- 9 years old
Death Note: (2003)- 9 years old.
Notice anything in common? All these franchises are nine or more years of age, or "old", as you call them, have an immense fanbase, and have little to no signs of aging or slowing down. Now, please, word your thoughts carefully before you try to dismiss something. Though, on the other hand, I do wish Toei would decide to bring the last two seasons of the original Sailor Moon to the U.S. before going through with this new series, or at least do a simulcast of the new series.
Uzumakiclan45

Postby mirkosp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 am

The simulcast of the new series has already been confirmed, though I don't know through which means.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Kain-x-spirits » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Uzumakiclan45 wrote:Notice anything in common? All these franchises are nine or more years of age, or "old", as you call them, have an immense fanbase, and have little to no signs of aging or slowing down. Now, please, word your thoughts carefully before you try to dismiss something.

wth...
I don't even want to debate about that. The list you got here is pretty useless and makes no sense to me ( i think putting animes from before and after 1995 is a bit weird, but i'm more shocked to see '90 and 2000 animes together.... because yeah 2000 anime are not old 9gits sqc is from 2002 for example and it terms of animatiom is not old at all...)

And i was just saying that, sailor moon was something good, and it should stay as it was. By adding more stuff to that franchise (and something that old) could make it worse or useless ( lol dragon ball kai ...). But it's just my opinion. But if it was a movie it would have been a different matter
Kain-x-spirits

Postby mirkosp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:05 am

Voices have it's going to be a 52 eps series that's a close adaptation of the manga, unlike the old series which were fillers from hell palace.
What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
Kain-x-spirits wrote:dragon ball kai

Oh.
Well, then, what if─ NO.
Alright, okay. I see. I get it.

:roll:

Honestly? I think this has equal potential to turn out good or bad. It's hard to actually state anything beforehand. We actually will have to watch it and then say; can't take the aprioristic route. As a fan of the show I am rightfully excited and worried at the same time.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Otohiko » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am

Look on the bright side - however it turns out, there will be probably be really pretty AMV footage for Moonies to use :P

I'm optimistic, myself.
Otohiko

Postby ngsilver » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Uzumakiclan45 wrote:Though, on the other hand, I do wish Toei would decide to bring the last two seasons of the original Sailor Moon to the U.S. before going through with this new series, or at least do a simulcast of the new series.

I hope when you say seasons you're referring to the Stars series and not both Stars and SuperS, as technically, SuperS was brought to the states, just in the same bastardization that the rest of the Sailor Moon got.... (well, ok, there were uncut dvds, but still...)

Otohiko wrote:Look on the bright side - however it turns out, there will be probably be really pretty AMV footage for Moonies to use :P

I'm optimistic, myself.

This, SO MUCH THIS! I have so many ideas and I would like to have updated footage for that is hopefully consistent across all story lines. Nothing I hate more then seeing the quality difference between the different series. Same can be said for Ippo, I have ideas for followup stories to previous videos I've done but I don't want to go back and use source from the original when I started using the newer source....
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Next

Return to General Anime