San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest -3x$50+$150- Winners Posted

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Proz
Org Profile

Re: San Japan: Mach 5 AMV Contest - 3x$50+$150 - 07/20 Deadl

Post by Proz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 pm

Brakus wrote:Just curious, why the necessity for credits to be shown? Most other contests have have title cards that the contest coordinators put together for that purpose. Also, some editors might take advantage of this rule to make the credits/omake better than the rest of the video....
Just how we've done it the past 3 years. Credits are needed to show the song & anime series shown so the attendees know what they just saw. We don't do any pre-production, we show the attendees what we received.

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Proz wrote:
Brakus wrote:Just curious, why the necessity for credits to be shown? Most other contests have have title cards that the contest coordinators put together for that purpose. Also, some editors might take advantage of this rule to make the credits/omake better than the rest of the video....
Just how we've done it the past 3 years. Credits are needed to show the song & anime series shown so the attendees know what they just saw. We don't do any pre-production, we show the attendees what we received.
I can't speak for all cons because AnimeMidAtlantic is the only one I attend, but they put that information on the ballets too. they have video title, song and artist info as well as series. Does San Japan not have a ballet system? or not add that info to their sheets? I can understand why you'd want us to do the work of making a title card but it seems a bit odd that you wouldn't have that information else where as well. Could just be me though...*shrugs*
ImageImage
ImageImage

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:18 pm

SammySamaProductions wrote:
Proz wrote:
I can't speak for all cons because AnimeMidAtlantic is the only one I attend, but they put that information on the ballets too. they have video title, song and artist info as well as series. Does San Japan not have a ballet system? or not add that info to their sheets? I can understand why you'd want us to do the work of making a title card but it seems a bit odd that you wouldn't have that information else where as well. Could just be me though...*shrugs*
Speaking for AFTV AMV Contests, we used to have people vote on the amv's the day before the actual event. But since we are no longer a part of SJ, we can not say what their process will be if any.
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.
Past Full AFTV Episodes Available on Rumble & Odysee
Other Videos & Projects = Youtube
A UltraSonic Entertainment Production

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 am

AnimeFunTV wrote:
Speaking for AFTV AMV Contests, we used to have people vote on the amv's the day before the actual event. But since we are no longer a part of SJ, we can not say what their process will be if any.
Really? that just seems so odd to me...but I guess it does save on time for vote counts. AMA has two showings and both showings votes are tallied before the award show. I know every con is different but that just seems odd. Though I know there's a method to the madness ^_^
ImageImage
ImageImage

Turmoil
Org Profile

Post by Turmoil » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Sending one in, another will be in, in a few days

Proz
Org Profile

Post by Proz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 am

10 Days left. Up to 63 valid entries.

Proz
Org Profile

Post by Proz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:40 am

Less than 5 days, up to 69 entries.

Proz
Org Profile

Post by Proz » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:44 am

Now they're pouring in. 78 valid entries. Last day is on Friday up until 11:45pm then the script turns off.

Proz
Org Profile

Post by Proz » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:18 am

One more day left. Up to 85 valid entries.

Proz
Org Profile

Post by Proz » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:58 am

Last day of annoying bumps. Up to 101 valid entries.

Top 25 list will be posted just before the convention.

Return to “AMV Contests”