Slow motion in Premiere CS5

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
digiholic
Org Profile

Slow motion in Premiere CS5

Post by digiholic » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:54 pm

I've just recently started making AMVs, and I'm getting the hang of it okay. I've used editing software before, so I know most of the little nuances, but there's a few bits of it that I rarely used in conventional editing that I'm having trouble with in AMV editing. One such thing, is slow motion. Whenever I try to slow down the video too much, it gets real choppy. Here's an example of what I'm talking about, it's a little after where the video starts playing from. I've just right clicked on the clip and set the speed to something small. How do I slow things down without the choppiness?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Slow motion in Premiere CS5

Post by Kariudo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 pm

Is your footage properly de-interlaced/IVTC'd before you're using it in Premiere?

digiholic
Org Profile

Post by digiholic » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Kariudo wrote:Is your footage properly de-interlaced/IVTC'd before you're using it in Premiere?
Probably not. I'll give it a try.

digiholic
Org Profile

Post by digiholic » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:38 am

Hey, sorry to double post, but I'm having trouble understanding the process of deinterlacing or inverse telecining. I've found a few general guides, but I don't know how to do it in premiere. Is there a more specific guide for it that someone could link me to?

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:48 pm

It's a pre-editing process.

First off, are you using the DVDs or downloaded source?

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:37 am

Interlacing == every frame you deinterlace comes from 2 fields in the same packed frame
Telecine == deinterlaced frames come from fields in different packed frames in a 3:2 pattern

You can usually tell based on what type of source you have though, or otherwise just looking at it.

digiholic
Org Profile

Post by digiholic » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Well, I've been following some guides and I think I found out how to do it, and I'm preparing all my videos now.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Adobe Software”