Ripping issues

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Ripping issues

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 am

Im having 2 issues currently

the first is that a DVD box set (this is DVD not Bluray) is reading that each disk is 80 gb and trying to rip to that size.

the other is an issue I have had with multiple rips where sections start repeating what its playing. It will play say 4 seconds then back up 1 second, play 2 seconds, back up 1 second, etc
I even ripped the dvd at a friends house and it worked there, took the vob back to my computer and the problem started up again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAic-RqlBJQ (video showing the skipping problem)
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Ripping issues

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 pm

What are you using to rip, and what mode are you using in the program? The 80GB sounds like a copy-protection scheme by deliberate header corruption, and the repeated segments can either be another aspect of it, or possibly a multiple angle issue.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:37 pm

I remember having this problem with the burst angel DVD's. It only happened when trying to rip the files, using the IFO to read/rip them worked just fine. Something about switching between japanese and english video over and over again causing that freeze and restart.

Also both of my legit copies of ah my goddess are 16/9. I don't own the movies but I'm guessing they are 16/9 as well which leaves me wondering why the youtube video is 4/3. Possible bootleg? The DVD's I own rip just fine even if you just rip the files, I'm suspecting bootleg.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:50 pm

EvaFan wrote:Also both of my legit copies of ah my goddess are 16/9. I don't own the movies but I'm guessing they are 16/9 as well which leaves me wondering why the youtube video is 4/3. Possible bootleg? The DVD's I own rip just fine even if you just rip the files, I'm suspecting bootleg.
The original (1989) OVAs were 4:3, which is what the YT video is of. The movie and more recent TV series were 16:9. And checking my copies, Animeigo did use multiple angles for the onscreen text in at least one release, so that may be what's causing the skipping issues.

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Thanks, yeah it was the older ova dvds, friend who had them moved so i dont have access to re rip them. And like I said, i can process them on a friends computer no problem, the problem is in my system some where.

The 80gb rip is a different dvd set all together. Thats the orange box set of dbz, and only the disks in season 9
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2018, Chairman 2019-2024, Retired

Return to “Video & Audio Help”