Org Profile

Re: Dueling Network?

Post by Eake4 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:12 am

When did Dark hole become unbanned?? I've really got to keep up the new rules

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:34 am

i'm too lazy to research ocg cards and archetypes, but i pulled like 3 ultra's and the fusion card out of duel terminal a while back and i'm kinda interested in the archetype, you think it'll be relevant or just kinda meh.

(@gemknights ofc)

eake, http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

notice le BLS at uno...

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm

cyberstein and brain controll... are you serious :(

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:48 pm

^cyberstein can do some crazy stuff in the right (or wrong) decks. Brain control is too op, but i wish we had it and not mind control.

well, i copied your gem knight deck, and i'm fucking loving it so much.
i think i'm gonna try throwing some photon thrashers in there to try and speed it up, special thrasher > normal summon a lvl 4 > go into lavalval dragon > send gem knight fusion to the graveyard
not having gem-knight fusion seems to be the main problem i have with the deck, almost every time i have it, i'm able to go off, and most of the time otk, or be able to finish em next turn

today at my locals, this kid asked to trade with me and this kid is a real business man about it, sneaky too. all he does is ask you what you value your own cards at and if you value them correctly, then he isn't interested, if you value them lower though, THEN we have a deal. he asked me what i valued my ultra solemn warning at, and i mistakenly said "6" not actually knowing at all, looking back, and i was looking at his binder and i go "i'll do it for nova master" which i thought was still ilke 7 or 8 bucks, and he says "nah man, that's like 15" and i tell him "no way, its like 7" and then we just moved on. After he finished looking at my book he was like "you sell the warning? 5 bucks?" and im hesitant and he's like "you want 6?" and i go "hmm....7" and he's like "waaat, you said 6 :/" and i'm jsut like "w/e, i dont even know, let me look it up on ebay really quick" and so he left while i did that but i wasn't able to because my phone died, so when i got home i looked up both nova master and warning on t&t (to compare prices, not for the real values) and to my surprise warning is going for 17 there and nova master 15... so i feel like an idiot for telling him that nova master was 7...and i feel like a double idiot for thinking solemn was 6, AND THEN BARGAINING FOR 7 like i'm such a tough dealer...

well other than that, got a lot of cool cards, tried looking for gem-knight shit but all i found was iolites (3 of them though) so i've got a long long way to go for that deck....

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 pm

gotegenks wrote:^cyberstein can do some crazy stuff in the right (or wrong) decks. Brain control is too op, but i wish we had it and not mind control.
Yeah cyberstein is pretty crazy, btw kids know their stuff these days.

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 pm

fucking love this deck. seemingly meh hands, with the right calculation and choices can end up otking in the most annoying possible way, i can't begin to describe how satisfying it is when you attack with citrine and they try to activate a backrow or they have a flip effect monster and they try to use its effect or when they have FUCKING GORZ!!!@#@#

I've never had to think so goddamn hard about what i did than i have with this deck, and the amount of thinking you do pays off. I'm not scared of any backrow at all ever really thanks to citrine, i would be scared of torrential, but unless you're playing someone who knows the deck (highly unlikely) then they're gonna torential your first fusion, and then it's like "oh, ok, cool, now where was i...."

lavalval and daigusto emeral are so dang good in here too, i thought i was done with this move when i went to go rank 4 xyz, but i realized i could go lavalval chain, detach the gemini material, send lazuli to the grave, grab back the same gemini, remove lazuli for gem knight fusion, and then go one more citrine (i had a shell in my hand). emeral's amazing as well because you can not only use both of his effects (both really really good effects, with shell and normal monsters and armadillos and shit) but he's also a rock type, so he lets you go into that big 2900 guy, which i find myself doing a lot because 1800 is really weak...if only chain was a pyro or a light or something.

<3 this deck. building irl asap.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:08 pm

After cardcar, MST is set. Topdeck dark hole.
Next turn MST and Night beam backrow, dark hole.
A hero lives - stratos, get bubbleman off stratos. Summon Alius. Set 2 E-call, returning, special bubbleman. E-call for 2 more, set them. Overlay 2 bubbleman for excalibur, detatch. Overlay bubbleman and stratos for blade armor, detatch. Returning for bubbleman, special, overlay for second excalibur. Gorz me bro, I dare you.

Gg no re, too fast for you

-----

Also; playing gem-knights:
>attack facedown with citrine, it's ryko
>"eff"
>"no."
>attack directly with other citrine
>drops gorz
>"no."
>"it's after the damage step"
>"no."
>Opponent has quit the duel. You win the match. Your rating has increased by 23.

-----
gotegenks wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i.imgur.com/vJpVg.jpg
fucking love this deck. seemingly meh hands, with the right calculation and choices can end up otking in the most annoying possible way, i can't begin to describe how satisfying it is when you attack with citrine and they try to activate a backrow or they have a flip effect monster and they try to use its effect or when they have FUCKING GORZ!!!@#@#

I've never had to think so goddamn hard about what i did than i have with this deck, and the amount of thinking you do pays off. I'm not scared of any backrow at all ever really thanks to citrine, i would be scared of torrential, but unless you're playing someone who knows the deck (highly unlikely) then they're gonna torential your first fusion, and then it's like "oh, ok, cool, now where was i...."

lavalval and daigusto emeral are so dang good in here too, i thought i was done with this move when i went to go rank 4 xyz, but i realized i could go lavalval chain, detach the gemini material, send lazuli to the grave, grab back the same gemini, remove lazuli for gem knight fusion, and then go one more citrine (i had a shell in my hand). emeral's amazing as well because you can not only use both of his effects (both really really good effects, with shell and normal monsters and armadillos and shit) but he's also a rock type, so he lets you go into that big 2900 guy, which i find myself doing a lot because 1800 is really weak...if only chain was a pyro or a light or something.

<3 this deck. building irl asap.
Glad it's working. I talked to Souji Seta, THE gem-knight player and the guy who helped me build the deck in the first place (after I lost to him in the finals of a tourny) and he made some suggestions. I changed my deck up a bit, and it's a little more consistent and works even better. No more half-assed side deck, either.

I also went ahead and PM'd him to let him know about the that tech choice, it's a great idea, I think. I'm gonna test thrasher now, though with thrasher I want to up the normal/gemini level 4 count to 5, 4 was low focusing on monk, and it'll be too low with thrasher, since early game you'll have to have thrasher and one GK to go off with fusion, if you have none in the grave. I really like trag, though...
A friend made a suggestion, have you considered trying photon thrasher in the lightsworn gem-knight build? Although it's faster than the rabbit build, it does have that disadvantage of only 2 summoner monk for going into chain, as opposed to 3 rabbit, but perhaps a thrasher would help? Aside from being a 2100 beater if you have no other options, it's a light for seraphi and specials itself. Then you can summon an armadillo, adding a GK, or if you have no GKs in the grave, summon a level 4, and make chain.

I'm going to test this now, but it seems like an interesting tech, and will certainly add some speed to the deck... I think I'll try swapping one trag or something out, space is tight, though.
-Trains

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:51 am

gonna tweak my build on that....nice one.

leviair would be SO abusable in this...the thought of that make me want to mash 3 tour guides into this like everything else...

http://www.youtube.com/user/busfare
kicked his aaaaasssssss

in front of all his fans....

he better upload that shit, it was a good match actually...real close. i might have lost ina cheap cheap way though, i forgot about lance vs chain and that topaz could just attack, and i just ended, but he didn't draw anything so it was gg.

GO GEM-KNIGHTS!

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:41 am

Karakuri Geargia is so fantastically explosive. :D

Return to “General Discussion”