List of AMV Resources & How-To Guides

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Re: List of AMV Resources & How-To Guides

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:Oh! Sorry, I didn't realize the guide had embedded videos! That actually makes a lot of sense now. It's just, in the beginning, all I saw was a .pdf that wasn't loading. Then I realized it was ~80MB and thought "wow that's big," but that makes sense now. I should probably get around to actually reading it one of these days too :book: (I mean, I can't honestly say I've read everything there is to know about AMVs and video editing... not even close.)
'Tis ok, like I said, I am not happy with it either, but it was the only thing I could do at the time. It was made back in the day when making video tutorials was not something every Tom, Dick and Haruhi did in their sleep, and this was as close as I could come to showing what I was trying to TELL people. The video files themselves are antiques and almost unworkable, now. I need to convert them to a different format like FLV and hopefully they will be better compressed...but I don't know, yet.

Heh, this is JUST the excuse I needed to avoid working on my current AMV!! Thank you so much! LOL

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:04 pm

hehe, distractions can be good sometimes. :P

Just as a suggestion, I would maybe consider making your guide through a web interface. You'll have a decent amount of options to present information; and it's already web-ready when you make it, without having to worry about hosting or anything. It also keeps your information connected to the web for people to comment, and ask each other questions. Because writing a guide is one thing; but having the ability to communicate with others that deal with the same problems is far more valuable IMO. I find, even just using these forums with lists, and fonts works pretty good: Just highlight the text you want to modify, then click a button to do what you want. At least, that's how I put together this List of Resources.

Or you could use any number of blog interfaces, which is what I'm currently doing with my own guide here: http://amvguide.blogspot.com/
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm

If you want to I'll style and organize your guide in HTML/web encode terms if you just update it and lay it down ;x

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Nya, I'm assuming you were talking to DriftRoot? But if you were talking to me, thanks for the offer; but my guide really does needs to be done blog-style. :wink:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:If you want to I'll style and organize your guide in HTML/web encode terms if you just update it and lay it down ;x
REALLY??!! That would be awesome...I'll PM you! :up:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:54 am

Phantasmagoriat wrote:Nya, I'm assuming you were talking to DriftRoot? But if you were talking to me, thanks for the offer; but my guide really does needs to be done blog-style. :wink:
Yeah, was talking to DriftRoot ^^;

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”