PONIES THE ANTHOLOGY 2

This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Forum rules
This forum is for the discussion and announcement of newly created videos that use non anime sources.
  • Note: The videos posted here do not need a corresponding catalog entry.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: PONIES THE ANTHOLOGY 2

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 pm

A new anthology is out?

seriously though, that was fantastic. I'd say it was better than the first one. This reminds me that I need to finish watching season 2.

Although I wonder how many people got the 2001 reference. XD

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 am

Thank you guys so so so much for letting me join up for PA2, albeit late. I had a blast, and so did Bronycon! Then they played Anthology II a few hours later.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:19 am

I'm really happy I was a part of this. Even if it was only a couple of videos I'm proud to be a part of something this big and this awesome.

Thank you

Also for someone who hasn't seen 2001 I still think that part is fantastic just from a animation stand point alone.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:30 am

THE ROOF

THE ROOF

THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Fay-Sa wrote:I'm really happy I was a part of this. Even if it was only a couple of videos I'm proud to be a part of something this big and this awesome.

Thank you

Also for someone who hasn't seen 2001 I still think that part is fantastic just from a animation stand point alone.
Haha, and I'm just trying to imagine how many people who've never seen it before might now be tempted to watch it due to ponies. Anthology 2: increasing people's cultural refinement and stuff :bear:

Also, was it you that drew the Magnus pony that's at the end of the credits? That is indeed amazing and made me tear up a little ;__;

I really have little else to say about how amazing this thing is. It really is THAT good. With the gazillion AMVs and other fan vids I watch, it's really pretty strange that I come back and want to see this again and again despite its massive length. I am also really happy at how this isn't all just gags - lots of stuff, like the already-mentioned 2001 tribute, is really not terribly hilarious, but just GOOD. And for all the complaining of people who miss half the references, I'm also super-happy that those references were made. There's a whole bunch of tracks that probably only 5% of the audience will get at a given time, but for those that do, it's amazing. Just watching the Russians react in disbelief to some of this (PICIKAK? HERE? HOW?!) has been amazing :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm

From scanning the many comments on youtube, it has indeed inspired some people to want to watch the movie, and it has also left many people confused as to what is going on (as it should) lots of people didn't get it and thought it was too long.... if they thought that was too long they should try watching the actual movie, I think it was a good parody/summary.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:26 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:.... if they thought that was too long they should try watching the actual movie, I think it was a good parody/summary.

x2

Besides the fact that 2001 is not a movie to be understood the first time watching it. So that means that the Anthology II could/should be watched multiple times to understand the metaphorical implications. :3

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Otohiko wrote: Haha, and I'm just trying to imagine how many people who've never seen it before might now be tempted to watch it due to ponies. Anthology 2: increasing people's cultural refinement and stuff :bear:

Also, was it you that drew the Magnus pony that's at the end of the credits? That is indeed amazing and made me tear up a little ;__;
Yea, I mean I know about 2001 due to other parodies (thank you Futurama and Robot Chicken) but seeing it re-done with ponies and as a fan animation be pretty damn impressive. I'll have to watch the movie at some point now to see what the original looks like.

Also yes I'm the one who drew the Magnus pony. I did the design and lineart. I believe Chris did the vector/coloring. Still I'm very honored and thankful that I was asked to draw him as a pony for the credits.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Fay-Sa wrote:Yea, I mean I know about 2001 due to other parodies (thank you Futurama and Robot Chicken) but seeing it re-done with ponies and as a fan animation be pretty damn impressive. I'll have to watch the movie at some point now to see what the original looks like.

Also yes I'm the one who drew the Magnus pony. I did the design and lineart. I believe Chris did the vector/coloring. Still I'm very honored and thankful that I was asked to draw him as a pony for the credits.
I hadn't seen 2001 until after Todd and Party_Grunt started collaborating on it together. While I can't say that 2001 is one of my favorite movies, I still came to really admire their remake/tribute a lot for its incredible accuracy to the original. Certain shots were just so dead on that they left me genuinely awestruck. It's an excellent recreation and it was worth all the hard work everyone involved put into it.

You did a great job on the Magnus pony given the really short notice, Fay. I'm really glad we got you on board to make it for us. :)

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:02 pm

TBH, I didn't really enjoy it very much (Anthology 2 as a whole)

Perhaps I was expecting it to be funnier...

It was still good and a lot of the parodies were awesome (2012 was a great tribute and just as boring as the original :D )

Good work still
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Other Videos”