AX 2012 M&G: Feedback wanted

This forum is for the announcement and discussion of anime conventions, and for the exchanging of rides to, and rooms at, conventions.

Re: AX 2012 M&G: DINNER @7pmTHURS - PANEL @11amFRI

Postby Castor Troy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:40 am

How did the dinner go? My group decided to catch opening ceremonies and got dinner at the yard house.
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby blaku92 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:28 am

I had a fun time. Based on other Expo/con get-togethers I've been a part of, I thought everyone was going to be drinking more! Lots of fun though and glad I could meet y'all. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."
blaku92

Postby vinylfreak89 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm

I have a small request for anyone who is at Expo and had an extra ballot (maybe because you got a creator ballot). I was holding one for melichan923 and seem to have misplaced it. It would mean a lot to her if someone were able to get us an extra ballot, preferably with the top attached as souvenier. If you can please PM me and we will figureout a place to meet up sometime during the con. Thank you in advance.
vinylfreak89

Postby irriadin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:29 pm

vinylfreak89 wrote:I have a small request for anyone who is at Expo and had an extra ballot (maybe because you got a creator ballot). I was holding one for melichan923 and seem to have misplaced it. It would mean a lot to her if someone were able to get us an extra ballot, preferably with the top attached as souvenier. If you can please PM me and we will figureout a place to meet up sometime during the con. Thank you in advance.

I'm sure if you talk to Troy (xstylus) he'll have tons of extras. I'll ask him next time I see him.
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby TrufflePigStudios » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:22 pm

I wish I could have made the meet and greet :( There was some hold-up with my group, and then we got stuck in a lot of traffic and I missed it. (thats what I get for commuting instead of getting a hotel x_x) Hope everybody had a great time, and I'll hopefully be there next year!!!
TrufflePigStudios

Postby Seijin_Dinger » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 am

I honestly wish that the time at the end of the meet and greet could have been used to socialize with other editors
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014
Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69

Postby irriadin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:40 am

Seijin_Dinger wrote:I honestly wish that the time at the end of the meet and greet could have been used to socialize with other editors

x2
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby The Wired Knight » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 am

Sorry I couldn't be there guys, I was stuck with board duties from 5 to midnight. Would have liked to have made it but duty calls and whatnot. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:05 am

Seijin_Dinger wrote:I honestly wish that the time at the end of the meet and greet could have been used to socialize with other editors

Noted. There are several elements of the meet & greet i was not satisfied with, some are due to my choices of how i decided to run it and others that were out of my control. i tried to keep it interesting but compared to Vlad's block mine was nothing more than the amateur hour XD That being said i am open to any and all suggestions you would like to see in future Meet & Greet panels, or if you just prefer the dinner and not bother with a panel again.

i do want to say that i am VERY pleased hearing so many editors mention how they met a lot of new people this year :up: awesome job, guys :bear:
Image Image
Image Image
Anime Conji AMV Contest Coordinator
Anime Vegas AMV Contest Co-coordinator
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Seijin_Dinger » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:15 am

the panel was fun, I got to put faces to some of the videos I have seen over the years, and the contest was fun as well as the poster, just at the end I wanted to get up and mingle. That was really the only complaint I had with it (I also had to haul out afterwards to get to my shift in the exhibitors hall)
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014
Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:36 pm

irriadin wrote:

x2

x3

I really enjoyed the Meet and Greet panel and also would have liked some time to mingle with other editors.

Although, it's a con and it can't be helped if editors are with their groupies and said groupies want to do other things, or there are other non-amv events that the editors want to go to.

As much as I loved all of the amv related events this year, I would have liked a little socializing downtime.
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Castor Troy wrote:As much as I loved all of the amv related events this year, I would have liked a little socializing downtime.

shoulda come to the dinner :P
Image Image
Image Image
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:As much as I loved all of the amv related events this year, I would have liked a little socializing downtime.

shoulda come to the dinner :P

I'll probably consider it next year now that you said parking was a lot cheaper.

I had an AWFUL experience with parking last year at Little Tokyo which made me hesitant. :?
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Re: AX 2012 M&G: Feedback wanted

Postby Rider4Z » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:52 pm

where did you park anyway? the structure connected to the plaza was 4 bucks and oiwake verifies :?

EDIT: the meet & greet montage video has been uploaded if you wish to view again or missed it the first time>>> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109923
Image Image
Image Image
Rider4Z
Pirate King

Re: AX 2012 M&G: Feedback wanted

Postby Castor Troy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:27 pm

I think I was charged 11 last year and there were a billion cars in the structure which made it a nightmare to park.
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Conventions