Odd Problem

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Odd Problem

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 am

So I've been having and odd problem lately with exporting in Adobe Premier Pro CS5.5.

This is the footage that goes into my software:

This is the footage that exports out of my software:

I'm sure you notice the line issues, but if you cannot see it, look at the line directly under the blonde haired girl's neck.

I don't use any scripts (this is from a MEP, everything just imports directly into the software), and everyone used the same FPS/video size and type of footage, which I match on the export settings. I get this same effect when I export it as uncompressed, lagarith and UT.

Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Odd Problem

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:08 am

Make sure premiere is reading the input as progressive and that everything is being treated progressively as well. The issue is being caused by a bad deinterlacing filter; it would be nice to understand exactly where in the chain this is happening though, but the most logical thing I can think of is that it's being deinterlaced by Premiere. Although, the frames you posted aren't exactly the same frame: are you sure the input is completely fine as well? It might have had some badly postprocessed frames to begin with (tfm could cause that) and you just didn't notice. Seems unlikely because you're losing vertical detail in other places as well, but checking just to make sure wouldn't harm (although I do believe the "premiere deinterlacing" deal is the most likely cause here).

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

Premiere shouldn't be reading that as interlaced, thats my track for the stronger MEP. It is progressive, more than likely you just forgot to set the export to progressive as well because all the tracks in the mep had similar issues though not as bad. If you have been setting it to progressive then I'm at a loss as well. It's unlikely that premiere is reading all the tracks as interlaced and deinterlacing them...
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:33 am

Can I have a small video sample of both the input which goes into premiere and the output from premiere?

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:37 am

http://www.animemusicproductions.com/ev ... 0Track.avi

Honestly though, its probably just either that the project settings were never set to progressive (I've forgotten to do this before too... dumb mistake) or the export itself wasn't set to progressive.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 am

Would having one as 29.97 and the other as 29.976 cause the issue?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 am

Well, if it's the sequence settings, one can just make a new sequence with the correct settings and copypaste everything into it ─ starting CS4 the settings are tied to the single sequences and not to the entire project, which is good in these cases.
That said, the lossless is surely correct. It's progressive for sure. The problem lies in premiere somewhere. If it's not having issues detecting whether the source is progressive or interlaced, then check again if you didn't accidentally misclick something and told premiere to deinterlace the clip regardless in the sequence or set the sequence itself to bff/tff when creating it.

Framerate differences wouldn't introduce this. It either drops or duplicates frames depending on which framerate is being used as main for the project. Although if you have different tracks at different framerates, you should consider making the project VFR otherwise some tracks will look bad in motion.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 am

Ok, I'll give that a shot when I get back home. Since I can just make a new sequence, I'll start a new sequence and copypaste the whole thing back into it, although the first one was (I'd almost bet my life on it) progressive AFAIK.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:09 am

Sorry if I'm coming off mean btw code, it may not even be your fault. It could be related to a recent video card update for all we know. The new AMD steady video thing is a POS and if left enabled will make video playback look like crap for example. Not sure if something like that would effect encoding (doubt it) but making sure everything was set to progressive is a starting point. After that we can start pointing at odd possibilities.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:53 am

Well, the issue is deinterlacing, that's for sure, the kind of artifact introduced is from bobbing/field interpolation, so that's the only thing. Depending on how he took the screenshot, it might say many things. If the screen is from avsp after drag'n'dropping the premiere exported lossless then I don't think it could possibly be something external to premiere or media encoder.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”