Eureka Seven AO

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Eureka Seven AO

Post by TEKnician » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Ao...fuck you. :down:

Truth...what the hell, man?! :omg:

Elena...you go girl! :ying:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Eureka Seven AO

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 pm

TEK you seem like a week behind the episode releases of AO usually; are you like watching FUNi's sub of it or something?

Anyways I liked episode 9 a lot.
Episode 10 was delayed this week until next Thursday.
I'm interested to see what it is that Ao was freaking out over in the ep 10 preview.

TEKnician
Org Profile

Eureka Seven AO

Post by TEKnician » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:TEK you seem like a week behind the episode releases of AO usually; are you like watching FUNi's sub of it or something?

Anyways I liked episode 9 a lot.
Episode 10 was delayed this week until next Thursday.
I'm interested to see what it is that Ao was freaking out over in the ep 10 preview.
yes
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm

News on Eureka seveN: AO! We're gonna be getting a new OP and ED real soon. OP theme is gonna by BlazBlue by FLOW, and the ED will be Iolite by Joy.
I'm freaking out over FLOW returning for music, though! This is gonna be THE BEST. :'DD

http://eurekaao-prj.net/?p=1336

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Also episode 10 was great for Ivica's backstory.
He's basically been my favorite character from the start, and this episode just completely confirmed it.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:Also episode 10 was great for Ivica's backstory.
He's basically been my favorite character from the start, and this episode just completely confirmed it.
Agreed, also a little with Rebecca, but then we have the whole "ARGH ONLY 14 EPISODES LEFT WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOING" side of it. I found this episode... better than the last, but still fairly boring.
Spoiler :
Also, lol at Ao's scream of "give me back Naru" I was like "lol I forgot already" because Ao sure doesn't act like she's gone the rest of the time. So, maybe just because I watched most of E7 back to back (first heard about it when it was airing around ep 40 or so) I mean, you FUCKING KNEW when Eureka was goin crazy or Renton was running off... so just, the original was way better in terms of conveying mood. The mood in this show is entirely different, they seem to reset it at the end of each episode. I mean they're making it obvious they wanna go on with the horror of war trope but they're not selling it very well.

I think it's just all of the episodes since Ao's joined Pied Piper have been "lol the carefree adventures of team pied piper" to the end of "lets start and finish a conflict within the same episode" without any REAL story progression. I mean sure, a few things HAVE happened, the audience learns a little (teensy tiny iddle widdle) bit more every time, but nothing has happened that REALLY has affected the cookie cutter "find, negotiate a contract for, then defeat a secret" scenario. Even Bruno's death, even Ao's (repeated) misconducts, even when Truth (WHAT A DUMB NAME ARGH) gets in the way, it's just "SUIT UP KIDS, WE GOTTA GET THIS SECRET" and they might have one wrinkle in the plan, but they'll do it.

Maybe because pied piper isn't gekkostate... fugitives on the run from the government, acting on their own volition, with a crew of individuals that we came to know and love (none of this series' characters have grabbed me) and pied piper has none of it. There's no tension. There's no...thing at all. They hide behind "politics" and "orders" for now. I just can't get into it. The charm. It isn't here.
I'm looking back and the original E7 took what 11, 12 episodes before they entered that kute class coralian... and the show never looked back. The show changed. I'm hoping this week is it for AO.

I'm just waiting for the twist. There's always a twist. There's gotta be a twist. ...right?

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:51 am

I agree with you on most levels: AO, thus far, certainly isn't holding that E7 charm very well. There's still a ton of questions to be asked, and we'd better be getting more insight on Truth's motives soon. I actually hate his character right now; not because he's a destructive douchebucket, but because he has practically no sound motives to be a destructive douchebucket.
In terms of characters, I still really like Ao. He seems to mirror Renton a lot in personality, and at the same time a bit of Eureka. I also generally like Fleur and, of course, Ivica the most. The Gazelle gang is also pretty great for a good laugh here and there. The only problem I'm having with AO right now is it's pacing and plot; lately its been a tossup of 'This episode sucked, oh God next episode was worse, oh this episode was ok, next one kinda bad, oh THIS ONE WAS AWESOME, oh the next episode not so much'. D: It needs to pick up its feet, and SOON, if they want it to end well.

On the up side, I got my AO OST in the mail the other day (because despite not being too interested in the plot, I really enjoy what Nakamura's done with the music). He definitely gives it a different feel (far different from Naoki Sato's in the original series anyways) but its a good kind of different. I've probably listened to it about 3 times completely.
It also came with some stickers, which was cool. I really want to put the Georg AI sticker somewhere really badly, pff.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 am

SO EPISODE 11.
THAT WAS REALLY COOL. STILL A LOT OF QUESTIONS BUT I ENJOYED THAT LOTS.
Spoiler :
The flashbacks to the original series made me want to tear up a little, my God nostalgiaaaaa. ;A; I loved Elena's story too, however confusing it was. It seemed she took on a second identity without really even realizing it.
I guess what I mainly want to know is how Elena knew about the E7 universe, and how she met Eureka! Also who Elena REALLY is (I mean apparently she isn't even really Elena peoples, unless she faked her death and underwent plastic surgery).

Also ugh I just wanted to cry when Ivica ran in and hugged Ao and Elena. ;A; <3
And GEORG! Not even sure how it was possible that Rebecka broke his nose, but I loved that bit. xD

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:31 pm

YES. MORE OF THIS PLEASE. Ep 11 was great! Pretty much a "meeeee tooooooo" to everything you just wrote.

Unfortunately the preview for episode 12 looks like more of the same. Maybe not? Either way, I loved this one. I loved all of it.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 am

I dunno, I'm pretty pumped for episode 12 to see the team in space (and Ao seems to see something there, or like he's reaching for something using Nirvash's arms. I'd like to know what that is).
I'm also excited because I think AO might be getting its new OP & ED next episode (although it could be episode 13. 12 or 13, one of those two). So excited to hear FLOW performing the OP!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”