The Semifinal Results (The Final 3 Are Here!)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

The Semifinal Results (The Final 3 Are Here!)

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:46 pm

1st Place

Total Score: 89.4
Individual Scores: A (96) B (84) C (87) D (80) E (100)
Comments:
A(Some of the pans and shakes aren't as well done as the original, but you did an amazing job a re-making it. And I think that you version actually has a much stronger concept. I absolutely loved this video.)
B(This was an absolutely gorgeous video, with only one major flaw: many of the camera movements almost made me motion sick, because they didn't seem to follow any pattern for the magnitude of the motion (like a bad hand-held camera). If those were toned down just a bit, this would have been my round winner and probably my judges award as well.)
C(Nice use of different sources (some of them had bad quality though). Overall well edited, just the texts were out of place.)
D(Nice tribute. Some watermarks inside it, but not enough to say no to this video)
E(I can't think of anything to say except that this video brought me to tears. Amazing job.)

2nd Place

Total Score: 89
Individual Scores: A (100) B (89) C (85) D (79) E (92)
Comments:
A(I love how you expanded the "fate matrix" to a actual network of many different users. You get full points in theme, editing and enjoyability.)
B(A very impressive reimagining of Fate Matrix, with completely new computer assets, but still recognizable where they're inspired from. I had a bit of trouble keeping up with some of the text; lingering just a bit longer on some of the shots might have helped a bit with that.)
C(Very well edited (effects included), great pacing and atmosphere. )
D(You got near the 'Fate Matrix' Liked the combination of effects with scenes. Not bad)
E(Damn, I wish I could get in on that beta. Great job at putting your own spin on the whole package. I enjoyed it.)

3rd Place

Total Score: 84.2
Individual Scores: A (97) B (82) C (74) D (76) E (92)
Comments:
A(I thoroughly enjoyed this AMV. You get full points in theme and enjoyability. I also love how this video even has a similar editing style to the original. And the mood of the credits was absolutely perfect.)
B(Pretty much all of my downsides for this video were also in the original, so I can't hold them against this video. I did enjoy this one quite a bit, though part of that may be nostalgia goggles. :) Theme was executed very well, and the editing was timed quite nicely. I actually liked the lipsync bit in the middle better than the original.)
C(It was well edited, but there were too many similar scenes, therefore the whole video was pretty repetitive.)
D(Some cuts at the end felt random. But props for finishing an almost 6 mins video)
E(Amazing stuff. I wouldn't have docked points if you had it end before the original. It's great you stuck with it through over 5 minutes of video.)

-------------Eliminated------------------

Total Score: 81.2
Individual Scores: A (77) B (80) C (83) D (78) E (88)
Comments:
A(I don't really feel that you "re-created" the original video. I feels like you just made a video with the same audio. The editing was still very good though, and I enjoyed watching it.)
B(I liked this one quite a bit. It doesn't quite have the frantic energy of the original, but I think the rethought pacing works better with the source. This would be an excellent action video in its own right.)
C(Overall well edited, nice pacing. Some fades were too much fast and the black flashes were annoying.)
D(Original. Liked the outro)
E(Geez, all of these Bakemonogatari videos are blending together now. The inclusion of the bit at the end made me lol pretty hard. Otherwise, it was a really good video structurally.)

Total Score: 80.6
Individual Scores: A (78) B (78) C (86) D (75) E (86)
Comments:
A(I don't really feel that you "re-created" the original video. I feels like you just made a video with the same audio. You did a good job at re-creating the mood though. Although, it would have been nice if you had added in similar jokes that were in the original.)
B(I liked this one even more than the original. My only issue for this one would be the loose and inconsistent lipsync. Otherwise, no real complaints.)
C(Interesting anime/song combination, it works well and the editing is solid. Bad ending though and some lip syncs were out of place.)
D(Liked some scenes, in general a good video)
E(I had to watch the original because I hadn't seen it. I honetly enjoyed this one as much as that one, although the transitions could have been a bit more dynamic.)

Total Score: 79.4
Individual Scores: A (65) B (73) C (93) D (75) E (91)
Comments:
A(I don't really feel that you "re-created" the original video. I feels like you just made a video with the same audio. Also, I feel that you AMV is a bit unfocused. Since the original used "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" as its anime soure, I think that you missed your opportunity to focus the ANV around Karen and Tsukihi instead of all the girls in the series.)
B(I don't really have any special comments for this one. It followed the original pretty cleanly, but nothing stood out as great or poor to me.)
C(Great and solid editing, I didn't like the use of the blurs though. )
D(Not bad, Liked this new perspective for 'Furor')
E(Having not seen the series in the original nor this vid, I actually found this version more coherent. It didn't use text as a crutch, and was smooth throughout. Great job.)

Total Score: 50.8
Individual Scores: A (40) B (64) C (50) D (50) E (50)
Comments:
A(The idea behind this video is so awesome. I wish that you had time to finish it. If you still plan of eventually finishing the video, you could call it "Karma Matrix", and add in scenes from Hell Girl and Death Note. Then you could show scenes of people dieing, and getting their "just desserts" for the wrongs that they've done.)
B(An interesting beginning. It feels a little lower-tempo than the original, but has a lot of potential.)
C(It surely needed a longer duration.)
D(Oh... I was liking the idea. But hoping you can finish this video :))
E(Good attempt, but as you said, incomplete and rough.)

-----------------------------

Towards the Championship & Other Important Notes

MAJOR credit to Kimberly for creating the graphics for this round's results. I hope I can have her talents again for the finals. :)

Congratulations to our three finalists. siny, Shin-AMV and pacotacoshell! You three will now battle for the title of Project Editor Champion! Your final challenge awaits you... Tomorrow! At noon tomorrow, the championship will begin, where we will be going back to the future.

Judge E wishes for me to announce that he will be purchasing gift cards for the winners of his judge awards for rounds 4, 5 and 6. These will be sent out at the end of the tournament, once Judge E can reveal himself/herself.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The Semifinal Results (The Final 3 Are Here!)

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Judge Awards:

Coordinator's Choice Award : Video 1 - Pacotacoshell : A fantastic recreation of the original with a source I truely love! :)

Judge A Award: """The Nostalgic Magical Girl"" Award (Video #1): I thoroughly enjoyed this AMV (just as much as the original). You get full points in theme and enjoyability. I also love how this video even has a similar editing style to the original. And the mood of the credits was absolutely perfect."

Judge B Award: Judge Beethoven's "Concerto for Keyboard and Mouse" Award: #5

Judge C Award: The "Old Memories" Award - Video 07

Judge D Award : Video 5 - Shin-AMV

Judge E Award: "The how to tell if someone is a robot or a human award" - #7

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:53 pm

What was I supposed to re-create? :shock:
The rules said: The AMV should be your own personal spin on the AMV and utilize a different anime than the original video

Aeniara
Org Profile

Post by Aeniara » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Yes, the sweet taste of freedom! I mean... Aww, I'm out?
This was a really nice experience, though. I don't think I have ever been pushed so hard, and I'm pretty satisfied with myself for managing to get so far.

Congrats to Siny, Shin and Paco, good luck for the finals! :D

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Cool beans :)

I do plan to finish and polish Fate Network now since I couldn't get to most of the ideas I wanted to do and had to cut it down and rush it. It was probably a terrible idea to try to compress that much work that went into the original into the timespan of a week. >.<

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:27 pm

CodeZTM wrote: 2nd Place

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/c ... /card5.jpg

Total Score: 89
Individual Scores: A (100) B (89) C (85) D (79) E (92)
Comments:
A(I love how you expanded the "fate matrix" to a actual network of many different users. You get full points in theme, editing and enjoyability.)
Definitely agree with this comment. I forgot to mention it earlier because I was too busy fangirling over siny's beautiful video tribute to ghibli XD but I really loved your idea in this. Nice work Shin. :up: How on earth did you pull this off in a week is something that still amazes me today. :|

Ror0noaZoRo
Org Profile

Post by Ror0noaZoRo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 pm

It finally happened ! XD
Wow im really happy i was able to make it to the top 5 even thou my target was the 3rd round .
Gj too everyone participants , judges and coordinators and gl too the final 3 editors for the next and final round :).
Im looking forward to Project OrgEditor Season 3 !!
See ya around .

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Ror0noaZoRo wrote: Im looking forward to Project OrgEditor Season 3 !!
See ya around .
You can look forward to something else before that. Although that announcement isn't quite ready yet. ;)

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I can finally thank everyone who commented about my video! You made me so happy! I thought I was never going to finish it and I knew the impact wouldn't be the same if I cut the song, so when I came back from work I edited all night long until the afternoon of the next day. My hand was numb at the end... lol
I totally agree with the judges about the shaking, I couldn't fix most of them like I wanted to (I totally value Lopez work a lot more now lol). And yeah I should have rendered it as 848x480, but I was in a hurry and I totally forgot I had some non-hd sources on my video :oops: I also have other stuff I want to fix. But don't worry! Once this is over, I have this one the one from the third round to fix |:> (only after some lazy days of course). But I gotta say to judge C, you should totally check out the original video from Lopez! Since you commented about the texts, they're exactly the same font (so glad I found it), same place, texts, etc ^^ (thank god for layers!). I don't know where you find watermarks, but maybe my sleepy eyes missed them? lol

Another thing, this round was crazy! I love all the videos. It would be expected that at this point everyone would be tired but from round to round everyone kept getting better, that's why it's always sad to see the list of eliminated people :( *hugs Phil*

And yay congrats to CodeZTM as well! This presentation is awesome! I will gadly help you in the future with these sort of stuff (when I'm not in it of course :roll:)

P.S.: I wanted to use the last movie from Ghibli but it wasn't available... until... 21st lol. Though I already had the chance to watch it and I really recommend it! :up:
ImageImage
ImageImage

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Anyway in this contest, I really enjoyed it I made amv I never thought of doing and then I never thought to get through to this round.
Overall I'm satisfied. :D
Congratulations to Siny who really made the best video of this round :awesome:

Return to “Project OrgEditor Season 2”